Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Summit racing long tube headers

This is a discussion on Summit racing long tube headers within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just saw Summit long tube headers ceramic coated for 209.99 cheap s heck re they good or real garbage ...

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Summit racing long tube headers

I just saw Summit long tube headers ceramic coated for 209.99 cheap s heck re they good or real garbage that is a great price and they look cool as heck wht do u guys think Have you tried them anyone??????

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I just saw Summit long tube headers ceramic coated for 209.99 cheap s heck re they good or real garbage that is a great price and they look cool as heck wht do u guys think Have you tried them anyone??????
    Not sure of those, but at the very least I'd just get Pacesetters for the low end brand.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    Not sure of those, but at the very least I'd just get Pacesetters for the low end brand.
    +1, I have pacesetters on my 98 and have no complaints. While the black paint is peeling off due to heat, it'll probably look neat when it all comes off and the metal changes colors and stuff

another vote for pacesetter.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    another vote for pacesetter.
    I had PS Headers on my Z28 and they worked great. I currently have OBX Stainless Steel headers on my SS ($600 Retail Price) and they are nice and all but my steering shaft likes to bump my header pipe on extreme corners. I am getting Poly Engine mounts to cure this. For $200 for headers/ Y-Pipe combo I could not pass up the offer or I would have got the Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers.

Black

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    I had PS Headers on my Z28 and they worked great. I currently have OBX Stainless Steel headers on my SS ($600 Retail Price) and they are nice and all but my steering shaft likes to bump my header pipe on extreme corners. I am getting Poly Engine mounts to cure this. For $200 for headers/ Y-Pipe combo I could not pass up the offer or I would have got the Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers.
    Ok the ceramic coated Pacessetters with Y pipe would cost around $800 would they?

red
    99 camaro

Hooker makes good headers also for about the same price as pacesetter. Mine are painted and have 50k or so on them and still look good. Ebay for 240 shipped with o2 sens extensions. Verry easy to install in driveway on jackstands.

Ok the ceramic coated Pacessetters with Y pipe would cost around $800 would they?
    Paid $479 coated for mine on texas speeds website

i didnt know summit made headers for our cars...

TSP has 1 7/8 ceramic coated headers for $499

if you can get the bigger (1 7/8) headers get them, they will help you down the road when you mod the car more

Black

Thanks again for all the info

Cheers gear head buddies I will look that up would you go ceramic coated? Will black peel and rust?

Cheers gear head buddies I will look that up would you go ceramic coated? Will black peel and rust?
    ceramic coated is the way to go...paint will peel and rust over time, plus the ceramic coated keeps the under hood temp down

if you plan on keeping the car GET ceramic coated and be done with it

stainless is the best if you have the money for it

Black

Yep

I'm keeping this one it only has 59000km or 36000 miles and I also have a 99 with 109000miles that I will be selling Yes I lve my car bought another one identical to my last one :-)

Pewter
    99 z28

SLP's!!!!! I don't know what their retail is worth I didn't even pay for mine they came off a parts car luckily but I must say they are the best LT in my opinion. Some people on here willl knock them I dont know why, I dynoed more whp and torque than most stock LS1's do with just bolt ons. have dyno sheet for proof.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

The new SLP Tuned Length Headers I heard are good. I installed a set on a friends car, but they were a bitch to install compared to other headers. SLP Headers are expensive BTW.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    SLP's!!!!! I don't know what their retail is worth I didn't even pay for mine they came off a parts car luckily but I must say they are the best LT in my opinion. Some people on here willl knock them I dont know why, I dynoed more whp and torque than most stock LS1's do with just bolt ons. have dyno sheet for proof.
    Post up the sheet please. Dyno numbers dont mean all to much either as they can be "played with".
    People knock their headers because they are garbage when compared with others.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I've put over 50k miles on my Pacesetter LT's (coated) w/ ORY. Love em. They still look great, car sounds great, runs decent for 198,875 miles (as of this post. I will be at 200k by same time tomorrow )

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    What you dyno against other cars is completely irrelevant different cars, dyno, conditions, etc... If you are having good luck with them it's just that luck. If you want to prove something put another set of LTs on there see if there is a difference only way to really support your claim. People knock them because of price, quality and fitment issues it's well documented.

Black

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I've put over 50k miles on my Pacesetter LT's (coated) w/ ORY. Love em. They still look great, car sounds great, runs decent for 198,875 miles (as of this post. I will be at 200k by same time tomorrow )
    That is reasuring to see miles like that with bolt on mods and running stong Confirms my need for modding my baby

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

That is reasuring to see miles like that with bolt on mods and running stong Confirms my need for modding my baby
    I didn't really start doing anything to mine until post-100k. Accessories die out, of course, (fuel pump, water pump, etc.) but the engine has held tight for me so far.

Black

hum

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I didn't really start doing anything to mine until post-100k. Accessories die out, of course, (fuel pump, water pump, etc.) but the engine has held tight for me so far.
    I jut bought a new TA identical to mine with 36000 mils thinking that my 99 with 109000miles was getting up there on mileage I guess I spent money for nothing :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information