Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Suggestions for exhaust replacement for a cam/lt/ory car?

This is a discussion on Suggestions for exhaust replacement for a cam/lt/ory car? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 I have a magnaflow with no cats, absolutely no rasp from my car. Maybe it depends ...

Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    I have a magnaflow with no cats, absolutely no rasp from my car. Maybe it depends on what kind of headers and Ory toy are running. I have pacesetter headers and pacesetter Y.
    The Kooks are definately a better quality header (used in the sound clip) The pacesetter headers aren't bad, but I've never been impressed with their Y-pipes,,,,at all....The Y junction is actually a "T" junction and the hole they cut for that pipe is about half the size of the pipe diameter itself. I found this after buying 2 of their Y-pipes. I ended up cutting the pipe apart, opening the hole and rewelding. The size of the hole and the slag was absolutely horrible.
    I'm sure that has some affect on the sound quality.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

If you have a cutout and want something quite get a magnaflow. It sounds like that will be perfect for what you want
    98 ws6 stock short block 228r ls6 Heads Fast 102 tick level 2 trans monster stage 3 mwc 9 on the way

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

There is my set up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Callies 383, Trick Flow 225, Rapid Motorsports Dominatior 2 X cam, ls6 ported oil pump,42lb injectors, FAST 92/92 , ASP underdrive pully, eletric water pump, Pacesetter LT's, Pacesetter ORY, Magnaflow catback, e-cutout, Yank SS 3600, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60e, Strange S60 ,4.10s, Detroit Truetrac, (UMI) - Adj. LCA, Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, Adj. panhard bar, Drag bar, subframe conectors, shock tower brace. 465rwhp-438rwtq 11.09@119.90.

There is my set up
    Yep, that's what I have on both 4th gens. If I had it to do all over again, after all the work of cutting and grinding and welding, I'd spend some extra money on a better Y-pipe that has a real merge collector. Some day I will probably do that when I get ambitious enough

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I want to eventuality do a true dual set up. I just spent all my money I had saved up on a strange s60 . Time to start saving again.

I want to eventuality do a true dual set up. I just spent all my money I had saved up on a strange s60 . Time to start saving again.
    Nothing wrong with that investment

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That rasp that everyone tries to avoid is mainly caused by funneling the exhaust down to a single pipe. Different mufflers have different affects, and some will bandaid it with cats. I found that simply increasing the I-pipe size to something larger than 3" helps reduce that affect, (aka: Mufflex),,,,or simply running a real dual system.
    I've heard a Corsa system with a 4" I-Pipe that was stepped down to a 3 1/2" just before the muffler. It sounded awesome with no rasp. This isn't why I recommended the Corsa in the first place, just reminded me about it with the previous post. There's always the GMMG catback if you can find a good deal on one.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i like the way my set up sounds i have the texas speed headers and ther y pipe with the magnaflow. im looking at the 3inch tru duel set up from kooks now but thats after the rearend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information