Stupid early production.....

This is a discussion on Stupid early production..... within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I have a 2000 Firehawk. I wanted a lid. I order the 00-02 SLP lid and get it in ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Stupid early production.....

So I have a 2000 Firehawk. I wanted a lid. I order the 00-02 SLP lid and get it in the mail yesterday.... i go to install it only to see I don't have the AIR pump tube on my car. I look at my door sticker and see my build date is 8/99. I guess some early 2000 cars still have 99 mechanical bits. What should i do? think SLP will feel pity and do a swap? think I can find a rubber stopper the right size and just plug the hole?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Beautiful car! I would sit that baby in a warm garage for a few sunny days and go buy a 'slightly' haha used '01 Z28 to do some tinkering with.

I tried to buy an '02 Firehawk brand new when I was 18....creditors laughed at me hahaha. Last year of that sexy beast and tried my best to get one

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    So I have a 2000 Firehawk. I wanted a lid. I order the 00-02 SLP lid and get it in the mail yesterday.... i go to install it only to see I don't have the AIR pump tube on my car. I look at my door sticker and see my build date is 8/99. I guess some early 2000 cars still have 99 mechanical bits. What should i do? think SLP will feel pity and do a swap? think I can find a rubber stopper the right size and just plug the hole?
    my camaro is an 02 but i removed the air pump so i was in the same boat that you are. But I got lucky. My old man said heads up and tossed me a rubber plug that fit right in and now its plugged up.

I would go to homedepot and see what you can find

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Thanks for the compliments. The car, for the next few days, still has under 50k miles on it heh. I do like to drive it and tend to use it at every opportunity. Despite this it is not in fact my DD. I have an awesome 97 saturn SC2 with only 46k on the clock for those duties. I'm slowly learning the limits of what I can and can't do with this car.... example. 2 normal size adults in the back seat? sure might bump the stops but it's doable and fun for a cruise. 2 plus size teens in the back seat = damaged SFC's ugh..... thankfully nothing a lil spraypaint won't hide. I know it's a rare gem but sadly I don't have a garage to keep it in. Thinking if I can find someplace to hide it for the winter but I don't think that is possible either. not so much the money as it is finding someone who will rent a garage for 4 month or so while the snow season is in swing. In any case I do my best to keep it pristine and regularly attend shows in the area. I've so far limited my modifications to simple bolt ons that can be easily swapped out should original condition ever be required. How long that will last is anyones guess but i have a funny feeling about that

Still curious what to do about this lid though. I put a piece of exhaust tape over the opening so I can at least drive the car till a more permanant fix is decided.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

not a bad idea sweet. I was hoping for a rubber plug. sort of the type that go under floor pans.... makes me wonder if one of those would fit. I guess i'll measure the opening and hit up the home despot... i know how i spelled it

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

not a bad idea sweet. I was hoping for a rubber plug. sort of the type that go under floor pans.... makes me wonder if one of those would fit. I guess i'll measure the opening and hit up the home despot... i know how i spelled it
    Just called the old man the one that he gave me was from the old pool filter so that won't help you but check this out

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Car-Body-Plugs/600010600.jcw

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

thats almost exactly what i was talking about... SWEET!... pun intended I wonder if a trip to the local autozone would do the trick here... hmmm

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

thats almost exactly what i was talking about... SWEET!... pun intended I wonder if a trip to the local autozone would do the trick here... hmmm
    considering you live in the bronx i bet all you find is plastic spinners and bling bling curb feelers!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Check the HELP! section at Autozone.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Advance sells an assorted set of rubber plugs in one package. Find them on the "Help" rack. Only thing I ever bought from that rack..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

woah woah woah who said anything about living in the Bronx? lol. I'm just your typical BK Italian heh heh lol

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

woah woah woah who said anything about living in the Bronx? lol. I'm just your typical BK Italian heh heh lol
    go get a new hair cut!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Jagerbombs!!!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

All cars are usually built the year before they are realeased. Meaning all 2000's were built in 1999. Ever notice how when you see a comercial they're selling 2010's now?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

traditionally model year production ends around June and they begin to build up the inventory for the following model year. On normal model years those cars hit the dealers in October. It's common for them to use up whatever old part remain so my car not having the AIR tube could just be a carryover from 99 as an early 00 production model.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Thanks for the compliments. The car, for the next few days, still has under 50k miles on it heh. I do like to drive it and tend to use it at every opportunity. Despite this it is not in fact my DD. I have an awesome 97 saturn SC2 with only 46k on the clock for those duties. I'm slowly learning the limits of what I can and can't do with this car.... example. 2 normal size adults in the back seat? sure might bump the stops but it's doable and fun for a cruise. 2 plus size teens in the back seat = damaged SFC's ugh..... thankfully nothing a lil spraypaint won't hide. I know it's a rare gem but sadly I don't have a garage to keep it in. Thinking if I can find someplace to hide it for the winter but I don't think that is possible either. not so much the money as it is finding someone who will rent a garage for 4 month or so while the snow season is in swing. In any case I do my best to keep it pristine and regularly attend shows in the area. I've so far limited my modifications to simple bolt ons that can be easily swapped out should original condition ever be required. How long that will last is anyones guess but i have a funny feeling about that

Still curious what to do about this lid though. I put a piece of exhaust tape over the opening so I can at least drive the car till a more permanant fix is decided.
    Just find a storage unit. They are all over and you might even be able to get a heated one.

Thread Information