Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Still Confused

This is a discussion on Still Confused within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 well one more quick item to discuss... O2 sensors... do i need the extensions or what? ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well one more quick item to discuss... O2 sensors...
    do i need the extensions or what?
    if so how many?
    help?
    ill be ordering...
    ARH 1-7/8 LTs with Catted Y
    SLP LMII Exhaust (but idk what tips yet?? any suggestions? 2.5 dual tips or just the 3.5 tips?)
    MSD LS1 Plug Wires
    Motor Mounts and Spark Plugs
    For the O2 sensors you can either go with corvette O2 sensors or extentions. Corvette sensors are a lot more expensive though. I believe they are like 69.99 at advance auto parts or a similar auto part store. Extensions just plug right up to your current O2 sensor plug, I would get 2 24" extensions that way you have plenty to work with. The exensions are about $20 each. IMHO I would get the extensions, I haven't seen any benefits with spending more money to get the Corvette sensors.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    I agree, and most people who rag on flowmaster don't realize they come in many different levels of loudness. Mine is so loud I have to lift the hood to prove I don't have long tube headers, lol
    Maybe but there is only one crossflow Flowmaster that fits the F bodies stock exhaust configuration. The 80. Not very loud at all.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    There is a reason why we know the things we know....we've made the mistakes already and learned from them
    speak for yourself ...i dont make mistakes..im just all knowing

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    speak for yourself ...i dont make mistakes..im just all knowing
    Except when talking about "higher gears" and "lower gears"

Impounded
    Well...some say get the 13111s but i dont see the point being that theyre 140 a pair and the extensions are 50 a pair. And i dont think i have to worry about them going out. My car only has 78,653 miles on it.. So looks like extensions.
    But exhaust tips serve no purpose except for apperance right?

98' trans am

Well...some say get the 13111s but i dont see the point being that theyre 140 a pair and the extensions are 50 a pair. And i dont think i have to worry about them going out. My car only has 78,653 miles on it.. So looks like extensions.
    your 02's are getting towards the end of their life. So take that is it is. i was running stock o2s with extensions and everything was gravy. but then one of mine failed so i bought a bosch oem replacement and no more code. i had about 80-87k when they went. for piece of mind i would replace them now if you have the cash. either get the 13111s or the regular oem replacements and buy the extensions..

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Except when talking about "higher gears" and "lower gears"
    god dammit

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I had nothing but problems with my extensions. I got 13111's and no more SEL. With the extensions you add more connections. The more connections, the higher the chance of having a bad connection and the more you have to troubleshoot if you are having issues. With that said, I've got a set of extensions that have maybe 100 miles on them. I checked them with an ohm meter and the connections were fine but I guess my car just didn't like them. You can have them!

Since no one asked earlier, you said something earlier in the thread about hearing bad things about the rumbler-x. What bad stuff have you heard. Just asking...I think mine sounds great and also get complements unless I pass some old guy with his window down and I'm WOT. But that just goes to show...again...it's a lot of personal opinion. Good luck with your car. I'll see if I can find those extensions and let me know if you want them.
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    I had nothing but problems with my extensions. I got 13111's and no more SEL. With the extensions you add more connections. The more connections, the higher the chance of having a bad connection and the more you have to troubleshoot if you are having issues. With that said, I've got a set of extensions that have maybe 100 miles on them. I checked them with an ohm meter and the connections were fine but I guess my car just didn't like them. You can have them!
    This fellow is correct, the extensions add more connections and people have had problems with them, (myself included). I have 2 4th gens and one of them still has extensions on it without issues. But my other kept setting off the check engine light. Went with the 13111's and it's been great. If my other camaro gives me fits it will get the same treatment.
    Extensions are cheaper sure,,,,but cheap isn't always the best route. Besides that Basham,,,Shady is right,,,if your 02's have 70,000 miles + they are past due for a change anyway. They are wear items just like spark plugs and need to be replaced at regular intervals. Most tuners will tell you to change them at 40-50,000 miles. So it's definately due for new ones. May as well step up to the 13111's.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I have extensions on mine sent to me from flowtech with my headers, had a whole kit to install them. They have given me NO issues. But id put in vette o2s just to be safe if i were you.

98' trans am

ive been lucky. my extensions are from the ws6store and i have had them on for around 15-20k miles ..i DD my car, rain, snow , summer or winter and as i told you OP. the only problem i have ever had with them is the 02 sensor itself failed. i think the biggest issue people have with the extensions is routing. i really took my time with routing and securing the extensions.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Extentions here for years, no issues.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post

Since no one asked earlier, you said something earlier in the thread about hearing bad things about the rumbler-x. What bad stuff have you heard. Just asking...I think mine sounds great and also get complements unless I pass some old guy with his window down and I'm WOT. But that just goes to show...again...it's a lot of personal opinion. Good luck with your car. I'll see if I can find those extensions and let me know if you want them.
    Well i guess hearing bad things is a bad way to put it. Ive heard negative opinions about it...if thats a better way to put it. But like everyone on here...one will bash it and the next will praise it. I just heard that its way too loud and that there is alot of rasp to it...but i have heard nothing but bad things about the LMII but yet it sounds exactly like i want.
    In conclusion...i guess you have to find what works for you and what you like...

So wherez the best price for these Vette O2s?
    I found the 13111s for 69.99 but it wasnt a sponsored site and i cant remember the site for that fact being.

98' trans am

Well i guess hearing bad things is a bad way to put it. Ive heard negative opinions about it...if thats a better way to put it. But like everyone on here...one will bash it and the next will praise it. I just heard that its way too loud and that there is alot of rasp to it...but i have heard nothing but bad things about the LMII but yet it sounds exactly like i want.
    In conclusion...i guess you have to find what works for you and what you like...

I found the 13111s for 69.99 but it wasnt a sponsored site and i cant remember the site for that fact being.
    autozone, advanced auto, o'reileys etc ...be carefull buying from online places that offer really cheap prices..a lot of times they buy up the 02s that dont pass the manufacturer's inspection.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I thought you wanted loud and head turning. Something that sounds like a muscle car and folks car hear a long way away was the gist that i got.

2000 ss

I'm not sure what folks are calling "raspy" either I guess. Can anyone take a look/listen to the videos in the thread above. Is that raspy? Just curious b/c I seriously don't know what "raspy" sounds like.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Extentions here for years, no issues.
    Ditto

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Extensions BAH! Deleted them (along with the cats and AIR) when I went longtubes. Tuned them out and no problemo ever since (like for 5 years now).

Then again that's just my opinion. Fortunately I live in an area where I can get away with such things.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Impounded
    Well i live in southern indiana where there are No Such Thing as sound ordinance or emission tests so... would it be best to forget about them and delete them with a tune by frost? And will i need my t/a tuned if i get an LS7 clutch kit and master cylindar?(off topic i know)

as for raspy...i took as the sound of a 1985 chevy pickup with the muffler cut off at WOT...that nasty popping annoying sound...but thats just how i took it

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Extensions BAH! Deleted them (along with the cats and AIR) when I went longtubes. Tuned them out and no problemo ever since (like for 5 years now).

Then again that's just my opinion. Fortunately I live in an area where I can get away with such things.
    you run without your upstream o2s?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information