Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Still Confused

This is a discussion on Still Confused within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 reguardless...wouldnt adding headers, LTs, and an ORY only add more hp anyways, if i wanted true ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    reguardless...wouldnt adding headers, LTs, and an ORY only add more hp anyways, if i wanted true power, wouldnt i need to invest in more than bolt ons?
    Yes i know exhaust plays its role too, but I'm 17 years old bringing in maybe $6000 a year if i am lucky, i can make it an 11 second car when i am bringing in six figures...lol

But while we are on the topic...what would optimize my performance?
    holy smokes............ headers are LT(aka long tube headers) they give you true power...hp and torque are true power so i dont know were that is coming from.

magnaflows dont run hot either .....most systems are stainless steel ( at least the good ones) there isnt any magic science behind catbacks...all of them are going to basically net you the same power-wise...sound-wise is where they differ ..........if you want redneck loudness like the trucks ..get a DHM cutout and or some cherry bombs...if you want to actually sound good and look good and sound like muscle ...look into the higher end systems like magnaflow etc ....im not going to lie to you..magnaflows are relativity quiet at idle and low throttle ...especially true with stock manifolds and Y .......but i am running long tubes and a ORY so my system while not the loudest in the world at idle and at low throttle ...still get really loud when my right foot hits the gas

Impounded
    I have no mods at all. 100% stock

And i read that one forum with the list of items to get for suspension purposes.
    Here is a list I compiled together for building an F Body into a very quick car

But when adding an exhaust, i would think it wouldnt be that much of a gain, maybe 30, or 40 more hp?
    Would subframe connectors be necessary right now?
    (yes i realize that itll only help) but could you shoot me a price range for the subframe connectors? What should i get (brAnd/specifications/etc.) and best prices? And if it will effect my ground clearence?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

UMI...

Probably around $150 plus getting them welded in.

Exhaust will get you nowhere near 30-40 HP unless you are talking about a full exhaust (LTs, ORY, exhaust).

Impounded
    Lol i kno what LTs are..

But the redneck loudness is exactly what i dont what.

I still want the muscular V8 sound but magnaflows...imo just isnt the answer

Impounded
    Well in my case, i plan on getting the full exhaust. (headers, ORY, exhaust) everything

Impounded
    hey 35th-ANV-SS...
    Which connectors were you talking about?

Impounded
    http://www.lmperformance.com/15432/1.html

How about these headers and ORY?
    I have heard nothing but good things about ARH.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    magnaflows dont run hot either .....most systems are stainless steel ( at least the good ones) there isnt any magic science behind catbacks...all of them are going to basically net you the same power-wise...sound-wise is where they differ ..........if you want redneck loudness like the trucks ..get a DHM cutout and or some cherry bombs...if you want to actually sound good and look good and sound like muscle ...look into the higher end systems like magnaflow etc ....im not going to lie to you..magnaflows are relativity quiet at idle and low throttle ...especially true with stock manifolds and Y .......but i am running long tubes and a ORY so my system while not the loudest in the world at idle and at low throttle ...still get really loud when my right foot hits the gas
    A Magniflow catback added to an otherwise stock car would be barely noticable volume wise. Good waste of $400. A cutout would make the cheapest, most noticable volume increase on his car, and still be usable later down the road. Everyone drag racing at the track has one as they give the most power.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

hey 35th-ANV-SS...
    Which connectors were you talking about?
    Not sure what you are talking about?? Sub-frame connectors?

http://www.lmperformance.com/15432/1.html

How about these headers and ORY?
    I have heard nothing but good things about ARH.
    ARH & Kook's are the best two header brands on the market IMO.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    A Magniflow catback added to an otherwise stock car would be barely noticable volume wise. .
    isnt that exactly what i said ? magnaflows are quiet....i wouldnt say mags are a waste of money....i did the cutout thing and it got old real real quick...the rattling and such.

of course everyone at the track will be running a cut out ..it is the only logical choice in gains ...again i dont think i ever mentioned anything about the track.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I <3 my QTP SS LT's.....
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

On the first link, there are multiple subframe connectors, which one would be the best?

The second link includes info on the ARH. It comes with AMH LTs and ORY. What other stuff would you prefer i get? I would like everyones opinion.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

I have the boxed subframe connectors and i like mine. In the videos i posted that is with TSP true duals and There 1 7/8 headers, the x pipe gives it a great rumble and you know when i go wide open. all the rednecks in my town wish there trucks sounded like my car. Guess i am a redneck also just one that likes to go fast.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    isnt that exactly what i said ? magnaflows are quiet....i wouldnt say mags are a waste of money....i did the cutout thing and it got old real real quick...the rattling and such.

of course everyone at the track will be running a cut out ..it is the only logical choice in gains ...again i dont think i ever mentioned anything about the track.
    Ok ya guess I didn't read your whole post.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Ok ya guess I didn't read your whole post.
    all good

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

On the first link, there are multiple subframe connectors, which one would be the best?

The second link includes info on the ARH. It comes with AMH LTs and ORY. What other stuff would you prefer i get? I would like everyones opinion.
    There are basically 2 point and 3 point. You can get them weld in or bolt in. I have 2 pt boxed style that are welded in. Boxed style are stronger than tubular style. Some people run 3 pt, some run 2 pt. All in your preference and what you plan on doing with your car. Two popular brands are UMI and BMR. UMI is a sponsor on this site so I would recommend them.

Impounded
    Wait, the link to the subframe connectors was wrong... Heres the link with the list of subframe connectors from UMI.
    http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...8a4fuu9rpnfqt3
    sorry about that confusion

Impounded
    Well 3 point would be the best i would guess right? And earlier in this forum someone said welded in would be better.
    But i probably wont surpass 400 hp for the next few years.
    Im gonna put a full exhaust system on it, new air intake, and probably a new camshaft in it, and get a chip for my car as well. Add an adj torque arm, lowering hotchkis springs, and bilstein shocks...but its likely to change

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Well 3 point would be the best i would guess right? And earlier in this forum someone said welded in would be better.
    But i probably wont surpass 400 hp for the next few years.
    Im gonna put a full exhaust system on it, new air intake, and probably a new camshaft in it, and get a chip for my car as well. Add an adj torque arm, lowering hotchkis springs, and bilstein shocks...but its likely to change
    No "chip" for these cars. They have an EEPROM and you need to have your PCM "tuned" (reflashed) to your mods.

There are 2 ways to do this: Send your PCM to Frost (a sponsor here) with a list of your engine/tranny mods and let him download an appropriate program (reflash) or take it to a dyno with a tuner and dyno tune it.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 06-18-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information