White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Is the SSRA worth it ?

After i install the headers i kinda wanted to get the SSRA and was wondering if its worth the price of 150-160 atleast. Is there any dyno proven results, i know the faster you go the better results so at a stand still on a dyno wont show its benefits but is there a test that shows it can make good power and at what speeds. Im interested in it and i see that its made from different material and is much longer then the SLP version. What do you guys think.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I've had it on my car for about 7 months. It seems durable. I have had no problems with water getting in it like some people have suggested.
    It gets a little more air in the car at standstill and alot more at highway speed. I don't go to the track so I can only relate on road acceleration. It added a very noticable amount of power in the top end. And it compounds with the increase in speed.
    A nice benefit was that once I adjusted to the extra power I got 2mpg better on the highway. Until winter hit. I ran it a couple weeks ago when most of the salt was off the road and got just 19mpg in the cold. I get about 23 in the warmer months.
    I would buy it again.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

One of the best mods I did to my car. I love mine

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I figure its either a SSRA or Pulley and i think ill benefit way more from the SSRA then the pulley. I think i might just buy it, i wonder how big is the opening from the pics ive seen id like to see if i can get it with a bigger openening or thats just the way it comes.

midnight blue
    2002 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I figure its either a SSRA or Pulley and i think ill benefit way more from the SSRA then the pulley. I think i might just buy it, i wonder how big is the opening from the pics ive seen id like to see if i can get it with a bigger openening or thats just the way it comes.
    ok im new to using a forum. but what is a SSRA??? i think its ram air, but like i said im new to all this

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

http://www.macewenmotorsports.com/susuramairsc.html

Its that but its a bit more expensive there.

midnight blue
    2002 camaro

go to speedinc.com and check out the chris1313 intake. it is like the same but better. i met the guy that makes them at byron. it is a track in illinois. it has a gain of i think 2mph in the quarter mile. i have been to byron dragway with speed inc's car and they have even said it makes a difference.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have the Fast Toys Ram Air and haven't had a problem with water. Hit a deep puddle at 45mph and hydroplaned but no water problems. No overheating problems at all either. Did I notice any difference.....no....but I also did headers, pulleys, FTRA, lid, pretty much all bolt ons at once so I was fucked I would but a ram air system if you plan on modding down the road and want max air
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

someone dyno tested one on this forum, I read it almost a couple of years back before I bought mine. but I was very happy with it when I did get it. Some claim there's hardly any noticeable gain but I threw mine on with just a lid and a Hooker muffler and noticed the difference. when I wrecked my Camaro the bottom part oif the SSRA was riped off but the top half was fine so when I got the TA I made a bigger wider lower box at the hangar I work at, it works fine and I made it to catch more air. I dyno'd 351hp/369tq with just LT's, ORY, Catback, Lid, and the rigged SSRA. Had a shop fan blowing right at it on the last runs. Not exactly proof of actual gains but I'm sure every little bit helps. I definitely recommend the SSRA or the FTRA kit.

Thread Information