Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

SSRA, should buy it.

Well im going to send my computer to get it tuned after installing my LT's and ORY but before sending it to him im trying to see if its worth buying a SSRA. So im deciding on getting the SSRA or not and based on that is the tune ill get. Is it worth the 159.00 for the SSRA? i want your feedback on it so i can buy it and send my computer to get it tuned for both LT's and SSRA or just not buy it and send my computer to frost and get a LT's, ORY tune.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Either way i ordered the SSRA once i get that i will ship the computer out for a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Either way i ordered the SSRA once i get that i will ship the computer out for a tune.
    I'm local and would really like to hear your impressions/results of the SSRA as I'm looking to snag one, too

-J

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^Ill let you know when i install it. I should have it on by next friday or saturday waiting on a tune from Frost and hopefully it will make a difference.

arctic white
    99 Trans am

Can I plz get a pm were you found that at that price?

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Had the kit installed on my old 99 Z28 and was very happy with it. Very easy install, especially if you've already done the free ram air mod. Right now I have the upper half installed on the TA and built a bigger wider bottom scoop. The whole kit is plastic and very flexible, but also easy to destroy if your not careful. Sort of the reason why I ended up making a bigger airbox. I ordered the kit from ebay and although a little pricey, I figured it was still a decent investment. The free ram air mod is more of a colder air mod IMO, the SSRA or the FTRA kits channel this air better and theoreticly(spelling) you can gain around 10HP. Someone did a write up on this a while ago and even had dyno comparisons.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

bought mine from ebay he gave me a little break on shipping but i paid 159.00. It was between this and the SLP and told myself if im going to get something like this might as well get the SSRA.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    ^^^Ill let you know when i install it. I should have it on by next friday or saturday waiting on a tune from Frost and hopefully it will make a difference.
    hell yeah, new mods are always exciting! Good luck with the install and results, hopefully it'll be worth it

oh before I forget......would you recommend the FRA? I know it's required for the SSRA, just was wondering if I should do it now or just hold off till ram air time

-J

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I've had the Fast Toys Ram Air or FTRA and can tell more air is coming in just by looking at the Air Filter. It gets dirty decently fast due to more air coming in. Did I notice a SOTP or Seat of the pants feel.........no, but I did LT's and various other mods at the same time
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

yeah it's kinda hard to judge the results of one upgrade when your doing a whole bunch of shit to the car at one time

wish I had that problem, damnit lol

-J

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by grngt50 View Post
    yeah it's kinda hard to judge the results of one upgrade when your doing a whole bunch of shit to the car at one time

wish I had that problem, damnit lol

-J
    Don't worry sir, I use to be in your position and think the same way! Then it just started falling into place one day And to anyone that gets a SSRA or FTRA, I recommend a Amsoil air filter since its reuseable, paper filters won't last more then 5,000 miles or so

thanks for the kind words

wife+kids+mortgage=not much mod $$

-J

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by grngt50 View Post
    thanks for the kind words

wife+kids+mortgage=not much mod $$

-J
    Easy, sell the kids, quit job and let wife do all the work and live in a box J/K

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I would do the FRA but to be honest i didnt feel any difference at all when i did it, usually 5-10hp your not going to feel any difference if that. When i get my SSRA the only other thing im doing is a computer tune for the SSRA and LT's but hopefully the car responds well to the tune and i can get it to a dyno within the next two weeks.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

just got the tune for my headers and now im just waiting on the SSRA. Ill let you guys know if i feel any difference. As we speak the car computer is re-learning everything as we speak, rough idle but thats normal till i put a few miles on the car.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Didn't feel a difference on mine when I got the ssra. Be careful in parking spots the bottom half will hit if you pull to far up. Only reason I think it's dirtier is because of where it's getting it's air from.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I cant wait to get it, in the end i guess a little hp here and there will add up. Especially with that being a benefit at higher speeds. Ill watch out for the parking spots would hate it if i broke it after paying that much for it.

anxious to hear your results! Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop

-J

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I wish there was a way to go from 80-130mph for example without the SSRA and then with and count how many seconds it takes and come up with the difference it made. Probably not the best way to do it and the accuracy because it could have alot of factors that would make the attempt useless. Putting it on a dyno and measuring it that way isnt going to show its true benefit at all since its stationary. The idea and just common sense says it should make more power without a doubt but its nice to know at 80mph you get this amount of power and then at 100mph you have this much more power but either way ill do some WOT runs at higher speeds and see if i feel it pull any better in the top end.

noticed anything significant with the new tune yet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information