Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SSRA, should buy it.

This is a discussion on SSRA, should buy it. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; to be honest not at all, i even put more then a 100 miles so it can adjust since everytime ...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

to be honest not at all, i even put more then a 100 miles so it can adjust since everytime i pull the computer out and put it back in it has rough idle till it learns everything again but nothing at all feels the same to me so far. Ive heard some people say they noticed a difference after getting a tune for LT's but in my case it feels the same to me. Im going to put it on the dyno after my SSRA and see what the A/F is and go from there.

GROUND KONTROL C.C. CEO SSMuscle's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro SS

I have the SLP CAI kit, and i gotta say that you don't feel a diff, EXCEPT when you do highway pulls. The car seems to pull harder on the top end. I took it off though, because my car was getting a bit hotter, and the sun came back from vacation. No matter the claims, i feel that these "cold air" kits will just cause heat probs because of it blocking the airway imo.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What do you mean every time you pull the computer out?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

When i send it off for a tune and i get it back and plug it in usually or actually all the time it will have rough idle like its about to stall for the first few miles and then the idle will correct itself when you put more miles on the car and will run fine.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The way you said it sounded like you have been pulling it out multiple times

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

lol, my bad. Well hopefully this is the last time i pull out the computer for tuning. I got my nitrous tune done on it to so i should be fine for a while.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i just picked up the SSRA and man this thing looks like it will break if you hit something. I will install it tomorow since its way too hot today to do anything. Ill let you guys know how it feels. I really doubt that i will feel a difference but will see.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

considering how flimsy it looks it was almost a year of me constantly hitting those bumps in the parking lot before the bottom piece broke.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well i finally got it installed and for some reason everything i do on this car is a PITA. I drove on the streets and ofcourse on the highway which will benefit from best and i didnt feel any difference, i dont know if the computer needs to adjust for more fuel or its just like that. Maybe i need to put a few more miles and see what happens. Its got some flexibility to it but if you were to hit the edges of the box it will more then likely crack or break easily and quickly.

damn that sucks bro, thx for keeping us updated with your impressions. Maybe your butt-dyno is off a bit? lol Anyway best of luck and thx again!

-J

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL no kidding, i didnt feel a difference with my LT's, ORY, Re Tune and SSRA the car felt to me that it pulled faster before all those mods.

might be time to take it to a shop and get a dyno tune; No knock on your mail order tune, just thinking out loud

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

A little off topic but I prefer the FTRA above the SSRA for the simple reason that its stainless steel and pretty much won't break. Had it for 6 years with no issues. Keep driving it and post back butt dyno results in a little bit
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    A little off topic but I prefer the FTRA above the SSRA for the simple reason that its stainless steel and pretty much won't break. Had it for 6 years with no issues. Keep driving it and post back butt dyno results in a little bit
    did you notice any difference powerwise after the install of your FTRA? Any negative effects on cooling in stop and go type traffic?

Thanks,
    J

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think you might be right and have to save up some money for a dyno tune. Not running the way it should at all and doesnt pull like the way it did before. With those mods i should feel it a little bit as far as pick up i really wasnt expecting much at all as far as butt dyno but it feels slower to me for sure, who knows the weather is really hot now and maybe that will have some effect.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by grngt50 View Post
    did you notice any difference powerwise after the install of your FTRA? Any negative effects on cooling in stop and go type traffic?

Thanks,
    J
    You won't I believe I said this on the first page as well
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I think you might be right and have to save up some money for a dyno tune. Not running the way it should at all and doesnt pull like the way it did before. With those mods i should feel it a little bit as far as pick up i really wasnt expecting much at all as far as butt dyno but it feels slower to me for sure, who knows the weather is really hot now and maybe that will have some effect.
    go to the track

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

the track is really far from were i live, i will though in the near future. Want to also put it on the dyno as well. It was a hot day today about 93 and having the A/C full blast i had zero problems with the car running hot. So i was a bit suprised. Other then that i have a vid of me doing a fly by from 1st-3rd gear which i will post up later.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You won't I believe I said this on the first page as well

go to the track

my question was directed toward BlackSS01

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    the track is really far from were i live, i will though in the near future. Want to also put it on the dyno as well. It was a hot day today about 93 and having the A/C full blast i had zero problems with the car running hot. So i was a bit suprised. Other then that i have a vid of me doing a fly by from 1st-3rd gear which i will post up later.
    Sweet, cant wait to see the vid

Which track are you going to try? Irwindale isn't too far away, only 1/8 mile though

-J

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Its not a track just a back street with no parked cars. Irwindale is not a bad idea since its the closest for the 1/8. Im trying to get a few people to go to fontana in the near future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information