Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Spark plug king?

This is a discussion on Spark plug king? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sarge Dont tread lightly man....I got lots of questions.....we all do.....I aint skeered i do as well... ...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Dont tread lightly man....I got lots of questions.....we all do.....I aint skeered
    i do as well... but when my plug change comes due i think i might give them a shot...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i do as well... but when my plug change comes due i think i might give them a shot...

It's your money.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Mr. Spaz,
    Thank you for your kind offer of peeing in our butts. At this time we really are not in the position to offer free spark plugs for somebody peeing in our butts. But thanks for the offer anyway. Please find enclosed two Super Dooper Spark Plug decals for you car.
    Your pals,
    Plugs are Us

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Alright.
    I will happily test these plugs.

But I simply CANNOT front the dyno fees. I can get the dyno time for fairly cheap, and I WILL cover a brand new set of TR55's.
    But this is only if WeaponX covers the dyno time and their plugs.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah that offer is ridiculous......like me saying...hey try out my septic tank cleaner....I'll send you a box and you dig up your septic system and let us know if it is clean. Guy obviously has not changed plugs in many FBodies or he wouldn't be offering that "deal"

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Mr. Spaz,
    Thank you for your kind offer of peeing in our butts. At this time we really are not in the position to offer free spark plugs for somebody peeing in our butts. But thanks for the offer anyway. Please find enclosed two Super Dooper Spark Plug decals for you car.
    Your pals,
    Plugs are Us
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHY!!!!??? i can never pee in the butt...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Another rejection letter for The Spaz Man.....sorry Spaz....keep trying....I see in the MILF thread Vanessa Williams has a white women sticking out her butt.....send her a letter man....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Another rejection letter for The Spaz Man.....sorry Spaz....keep trying....I see in the MILF thread Vanessa Williams has a white women sticking out her butt.....send her a letter man....
    YES!!! score...

can i borrow a gallon of gasoline, 2 boxes of moth balls, and a... oo look at that... i got a can of pringles...

Yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Alright.
    I will happily test these plugs.
    But I simply CANNOT front the dyno fees. I can get the dyno time for fairly cheap, and I WILL cover a brand new set of TR55's.
    But this is only if WeaponX covers the dyno time and their plugs.
    I will put this up for anybody with a high horsepower LS engine willing to dyno. I would also prefer that this individual have a fully built engine, heads, cams making big power and revving it past the stock redline.

I can personally get a couple dynos done here for $70. If you can do it for that, with the wideband I'll cover it.

Any takers, just let me know.

Yeah that offer is ridiculous......like me saying...hey try out my septic tank cleaner....I'll send you a box and you dig up your septic system and let us know if it is clean. Guy obviously has not changed plugs in many FBodies or he wouldn't be offering that "deal"
    ?
    Sarge, I realize you are an intelligent individual but one thing I can't tolerate is someone putting words in my mouth. It's obvious you have some serious scepticism when it comes to spark plugs but may I ask you.

Have you personally ever seen back to back results with multiple sets of spark plugs?

For whatever reason your extremely sckeptical, that is fine, but I'm here offering to pay for dyno time and to give a set away for free. Do you think I would waste my time if I didn't know with our experiences that these didn't change anything?

As far as your obvious conclusion... I've personally installed 3 sets on F-Bodies for FREE ranging from vehicles with stock exhaust manifolds to Stainless Long tubes. By this time it's down to a science on how to get to number 8. I can garantee you I know what to, and not to expect when changing spark plugs on the F-body.
    Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 07-09-2008 at 05:30 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL.....dont get you panties in a wad...your in the AAG man....Yes I have on many many occasions swapped plugs numerous times on the dyno trying to figure out why we had a high RPM miss. We traced the miss to a coil and moved on....but got to change out plugs from various manufacturers/design etc and none effected RWHP.
    I never embrace a dyno run to prove RWHP gains ala Royal Purple as you can pee in the gas tank and the number will change....that is the nature of the dyno beast....but ol Luos will take you up on your offer I bet.....Southwest Research did a paper on spark plugs and claims of RWHP gains/MPG gains.....called it a myth....lemme find it for you....I'm not skeptical....I am facts based though.....Never forget there are technical forums and your in the Lounge here.....can get downright scary in here

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

LOL.....dont get you panties in a wad...your in the AAG man....Yes I have on many many occasions swapped plugs numerous times on the dyno trying to figure out why we had a high RPM miss. We traced the miss to a coil and moved on....but got to change out plugs from various manufacturers/design etc and none effected RWHP.
    I never embrace a dyno run to prove RWHP gains ala Royal Purple as you can pee in the gas tank and the number will change....that is the nature of the dyno beast....but ol Luos will take you up on your offer I bet.....Southwest Research did a paper on spark plugs and claims of RWHP gains/MPG gains.....called it a myth....lemme find it for you....I'm not skeptical....I am facts based though.....Never forget there are technical forums and your in the Lounge here.....can get downright scary in here
    especially is post a picture of my ass or something...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

True....true....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

but ol Luos will take you up on your offer I bet.....
    I have to make a few calls, make sure I can get the 45 minutes I need on the dyno separated by 2-3 hours.

Plug swaps are fairly simple for me anymore, so that isn't a big deal. Just don't want to be swapping them with a hot motor.

Motor is built as well.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Yellow
    Southwest Research did a paper on spark plugs and claims of RWHP gains/MPG gains.....called it a myth....lemme find it for you....I'm not skeptical....I am facts based though.....Never forget there are technical forums and your in the Lounge here.....can get downright scary in here
    LOL.. the SAE whitepapers I have say they are wrong. A tremendous amount of research was done on spark plug electrode design by more then your average research center. Goto the SAE website and punch in spark plug or electrode design in their search engine. Hundreds of technical white papers come up with various tests showing improvements over conventional designs.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have to make a few calls, make sure I can get the 45 minutes I need on the dyno separated by 2-3 hours.

Plug swaps are fairly simple for me anymore, so that isn't a big deal. Just don't want to be swapping them with a hot motor.

Motor is built as well.
    Pussy

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX_Perf View Post
    LOL.. the SAE whitepapers I have say they are wrong. A tremendous amount of research was done on spark plug electrode design by more then your average research center. Goto the SAE website and punch in spark plug or electrode design in their search engine. Hundreds of technical white papers come up with various tests showing improvements over conventional designs.
    I'll do it!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Motor is built as well.
    i HATE #8... and oh yeah... buring you hands sucks... you think the car is cooled down but no... and if you wear the heat gloves you can't fit your hands in to the places you need to get to...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Gotta run....mama wants to start building the new house so somebody better make some money around here and I'm the only one here

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Gotta run....mama wants to start building the new house so somebody better make some money around here and I'm the only one here

let me know if she wants you to build an ark...

Yellow

Motor is built as well.
    Let me know if your willing to test out some 10,000 ohm spark plugs as well. I can get 8 of them made. This should show some dramatic power differences between our 0 ohm, 10,000 ohm and NGK copper spark plugs. I know it's a PITA but would be really beneficial for everybody here to see as far as advantages / disadvantages of spark plugs.

EDIT : If I may suggest, maybe you can leave #8 as an NGK and swap out the rest for the higher resistance spark plugs.

Thanks
    Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 07-09-2008 at 07:41 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Thread Information