Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

soundclip after pacesetter ORY pipe install, LM II catback

This is a discussion on soundclip after pacesetter ORY pipe install, LM II catback within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SSwt00SS damn, here. click on the second link in my sig... I think I like the LM1 ...

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    damn, here. click on the second link in my sig...
    I think I like the LM1 with LT's better than the LM2 with LT's. I think the LM1 is more of the sound I am looking for. I was going to go with the LM2, but after hearing both clips of the LM1 vs LM2, I think I am going with LM1. But if I don't like it, I can always swap the resonator for the muffler I guess.
    My LT's w/ flowmasters are too quiet for me. Plus, the flowmaster came with the car.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Find a car you can hear in person. Don't go by internet sound clips. Trust me LM1 with ORY and headers is LOUD and raspy.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Find a car you can hear in person. Don't go by internet sound clips. Trust me LM1 with ORY and headers is LOUD and raspy.
    i do agree, my car is amazingly loud in person, even just at idle (950rpm). i still have not heard the rasp that everyone talks about. i guess because im infront of the exhaust and moving away from it. plus it can't sound that bad cause so many people pass me while giving me a thumbs up!!!

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Oh I'm not saying it sounds bad. I'm just saying it's a little loud on a daily driver especially highway driving. I used to get my fair of thumbs up and "hey whatchoo got done to that thing" too. I'm just letting him know soundclips do the real thing no justice.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Nice! I already have loudmouth 2 on my car and I'm just waiting to get the car out this spring to put the headers and y pipe on. I was a little worried about what it was going to sound like. But now i can't wait to spring to get it put on.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    I would if I could, but I don't know of too many people in my area that are into f-bodies. But I do agree that sound clips don't do the actual sound justice. I ran open headers for a few days and listen to clips on the internet, and wow, is there a difference. Cars in person don't really sound anything like how they sound from a compressed file on the internet. But that's the advantage with the modular design of the LM catback (and of course, Borla and the adjustable plates).

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Thats the beauty of these forums. I am sure you can find some groups in your area with all kinds of exhuasts you can hear.

Awaiting Activation

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have the LM setup with LTs and ORY on my 383. It is rather loud but I like it. If you like downshifting and scareing the crap out of the people in the car next to you then this is for you. Haha. Running down the interstate it puts a lot of drone in the car but I have gotten use to it. The raspy that everyone talks about is what makes it sound so good to me. I like loudness so i guess thats why.

Ross

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

Sounds real good, you should get a cutout too for when you want it really loud. i love scarying the living shit out of people with lt headers and my cutout at wot. lol

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

02ls1formula..very nice car..the color is awsomee. it really stands out, sounds great too

SSwt00SS...car sounds great...i agree , sound clips dont do it justice...you can only really tell by standing there.

I have a 35th Anniv. SS...i have hooker lts an y pipe with the lm1..no cats...so you can only imagine how rediculously loud it is. it drones like none other...at times the droning can got obnoxious but otherwise the setup sounds amazinggg...but hey they are muscle cars, better that then the sounds of a hondaa haha

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

thanks alot, ive actually been looking into going with true duals though, sounds a lil better i think....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information