Black
    99 SS

someone needs to

make a 3" true dual exhaust system kit that extends all the way out the rear for me to install all by my self and not have a shop make it custom for over $1,200

or if anyone knows of someone who makes it give me a link

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    make a 3" true dual exhaust system kit that extends all the way out the rear for me to install all by my self and not have a shop make it custom for over $1,200

or if anyone knows of someone who makes it give me a link
    get a tsp true dual for 420..mount it yourself...pay a shop to extend it out to the rear...it won't cost 800. i think bissani makes a true dual system already made that goes all the way to the back.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    get a tsp true dual for 420..mount it yourself...pay a shop to extend it out to the rear...it won't cost 800. i think bissani makes a true dual system already made that goes all the way to the back.

you sure bissani? i have already lookad at the tsp and the driverside pipe is almost worthless cause i would have to cut the entire thing of and rerout it alongside the passanger side.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

you sure bissani? i have already lookad at the tsp and the driverside pipe is almost worthless cause i would have to cut the entire thing of and rerout it alongside the passanger side.
    i've seen two or 3 people actually go under the axle... are you planning on lowering the car? what do you want to do with it? is ground clearance a major concern?
    installed on a car....

http://www.stealthram.com/1999pontiacformula.html

http://www.lmperformance.com/5795/1.html
    Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 08-30-2005 at 07:27 PM.

Black
    99 SS

cant go under the car, to many hills where i live but i have to go over the axel. do you know the names of the companies by any chance?

Black
    99 SS

and yes ground clearance is a concern for me i have the body kit on so its already close as hell to the ground like 3-4" close

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

cant go under the car, to many hills where i live but i have to go over the axel. do you know the names of the companies by any chance?
    yeah...bassani...but its 950..sound slike a lot, but if you think about it..y pipe plus a good catback would be more or the same.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

$1200??? I can do one and have it at your door for $1195!!!

J/K, man. Bassani's is still high, but it's stainless, too. Only thing to it, it's 2 1/2" pipe. That'll be plenty unless you're running twin turbos and a 300* cam.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Have a muffler shop bend you one. Surely a good muffler shop can do it. I know a guy who had one done on his and they did a good job.

As much as I want a true duel exhaust myself I've researched it a lot and it's not worth it unless you've got a stroker motor or a big cube engine. You just loose to much backpressure even with heads and a cam. But if you are really interested check out lanes performance, texas speed and performance, and ls1speed

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    As much as I want a true duel exhaust myself I've researched it a lot and it's not worth it unless you've got a stroker motor or a big cube engine. You just loose to much backpressure even with heads and a cam. But if you are really interested check out lanes performance, texas speed and performance, and ls1speed
    It depends on the size of the pipes used...

I would go with headers into high flow cats, into an X-pipe to smoothen things out...then out the back with some nice tips.

I was reffering to the bassani, and you can't even run long tube headers with it... bums me out, I'm going with Ceramic Coated long tubes and a ceramic coated Y-pipe instead

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Welp, any reputable muffler shop can modify any Y-pipe to fit on any X-pipe, allowing you to run anything you want.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Welp, any reputable muffler shop can modify any Y-pipe to fit on any X-pipe, allowing you to run anything you want.
    I'm saying replace the Y with an X...not both...

At least I will, i'm surprised more people don't go that route...

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Oh,I know whut you mean, dude.

I caught that after posting, but in essence, if you take a Y-pipe, cut off where it merges into one pipe and weld an X-pipe in its place, you then have an X-pipe to run your duals from.

Thread Information