Thread: Someone help!

CamaroKillZ28

Someone help!

can someone fill me in on the best headers. i was told by a shop that jba, slp, gibson is really good, but ive heard word of mouth that jba and slp are not that great. i was looking at pace setter or hooker super comp longtubes...some one help me out

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Pacesetters are the best bang for the buck.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Kooks, Stainless Works, Pacesetters are probably the top.....whatever you get....have them ceramic coated.....

CamaroKillZ28
    Thanks for the input, its gonna be at least another month before i get it, im also worried about the tuning and all that emissions crap i have to deal with. i know that im in cali so it wont be legal. but how do i make sure they are running right?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    Thanks for the input, its gonna be at least another month before i get it, im also worried about the tuning and all that emissions crap i have to deal with. i know that im in cali so it wont be legal. but how do i make sure they are running right?
    Well now....some headers are 50 state legal are they not? Cats and your good to go....
    Pacesetter Products
    Many are 50-states legal. All are available with Armor*Coat, ... 50-states legal
    headers; Performance cat-back systems; Off-Road H-pipes; Off-Road X-pipes ..
    ^^ just a quick Google
    I'd have it tuned.....are you running a CAI already? If not get you a good CAI for your ride...then do they headers with them....then the tune....breath in breath out

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

far as i know the only legal headers in cali are shorties

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    I have pacesetters, love em...

CamaroKillZ28
    Yah i have the slp cai and it makes a big difference already with the exhaust, but since im going to put the headers on myself, how do i tune it up? and another question off this topic i was racing my buddy today cuz we are putting together a video compilation, and i could pull pretty good 1st through 3rd gear but then he just came up and got me by about a nose, how am i losing the top end? im really starting to think its the MAF i put on...can someone help me with this?

Cali only allows shorties. FYI the stock 2000-2002 manifolds were redesigned and flow just as good as shorties but arent ceramic coated. See if you can pick some up if you're on a budget and want to remain legal. If thats not your concern I myself am going with hooker ceramic coated longtubes and ceramic coated ORY pipe because they have the best ground clearence

stainless steel vs coated Think i will go stainless ? any heat issues with not going coated. (99 SS m6)

CamaroKillZ28
    I've heard the stainless warp and rust real fast, but thats all the bad things ive heard. Im not worried about staying smog legal, its not really a concern for me, i happen to know somepeople so i should be alright.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

most brands of header will all flow about the same and be worth about the same HP, 16-22rwhp +or- a few depending on setup and tune

Pacesetters and flowtechs are the two budget brands.
    Both have had fitment issues upon there release but have since then corrected it. Secondly, since they are budget headers, the weld are not clean but do function. Many people have bought both of them and either hated or loved them.

Flowtech is just a cheap knockoff, of hooker headers. Same company just made cheaper.

For mid-priced headers Hooker is definitely the way to go.

For high priced, SLP makes a nice header that will last a long time, but don’t plan on lowering your car. As SLP headers hang low, and they won’t give you 40rwhp as SLP claims.

Also check out KOOKs and Stainless works. Great headers, pricey but very clean and nice fabrication.

Make sure any header you buy is ceramic coated or you will be replacing them in a few years.
    Also your better off using 1.75” primary over 1.875” primary unless you plan on making HUGE power.

Upon buying header, you should also purchase a Y-pipe, with flow through cats if emission in your area are strict and do sniffer test, but if you area is like mine, get an ORY(off road y-pipe) with out cats, and have the CAT SES code deleted.

I've heard the stainless warp and rust real fast, but thats all the bad things ive heard. Im not worried about staying smog legal, its not really a concern for me, i happen to know somepeople so i should be alright.

304 Grade stainless will not rust that is the hole idea behide stainless.
    It will turn brown from heat. Now coated will keep the heat in the header better.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Love my coated Pacesetters and ORY. Got em for $500 from nonsponsor. PM for info

WS600
    I don't know why, but no one ever mentions Dynatech Supermaxx headers. I have them, and love them. Stainless.

They are also like the FLP's in that you can swap the cats out for off road pipes.

rays00ramair
    love my pacesetters and the welds on mine looked like a robot did them perfect.gotem in 04 from tsp.

CamaroKillZ28
    Hey hurley, you only paid 500? did you get the cats with them? I am going to change my exhaust as well when i put the headers on, because i really dont like the sound of my exhaust. I have 3" with a ravin muffler (see if ya'll have heard of that) i want a more aggressive tone, but the on ly thing is i didnt pay for the setup. so im gonna see if i can get the guy to put a magnaflow on her.

quicky06
    the only stainless that will rust due to moister is 400 series. but if you scratch the stainless with regular steel it will rust in that spot due to the steal that is there. but a good wipe down with MEK will take care of that

Thread Information