Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Some opinions on these headers?

This is a discussion on Some opinions on these headers? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; can't wait. any one heard of JDM Headers? Speaking of great ebay deals. The cheapest set of SS out there ...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

can't wait.

any one heard of JDM Headers? Speaking of great ebay deals. The cheapest set of SS out there is some ebayer claiming to have JDMs up for sale. All the info I could find was about Fords. Other than that fire medic has the right idea and nice enough to blaze a trail for us all.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Alright the car is outa the shop and man what a differance
    of course I ended up swapping out the heads and intake so who knows.
    The headers fit great and have no problems with clearance anywhere on my 00 TA.The collector for the driver side is really close to the floor pan(about 1/2").
    Like I mentioned before the emmisions fittings will not work for just bolt on applicatio0n and need modding to make them work if you wanna keep them.I just welded them shut and deleted the egr/air and it really looks nicer under the hood now.
    I do think the collector on the driver side could use a little adjusting so that it wouldnt be so close to the floor pan but I dont think it is going to hurt anything either.
    I will post some new pics (I promise ) after the exhuast is built thursday(I hope) and get them put up.Right now we just connected back into the stock y-pipe so we could get it tuned and wouldnt be so gawd awfull loud.
    I am wondering about just running a true dual with x-pipe instead of the side exit I was planning on but I still dont know yet.Gonna wait till I speak with the guys at the muffler shop.I found out about a shop in Shreveport that makes custom exhaust with mandrel bends that does really nice work.

Blue
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0135 View Post
    Alright the car is outa the shop and man what a differance
    of course I ended up swapping out the heads and intake so who knows.
    The headers fit great and have no problems with clearance anywhere on my 00 TA.The collector for the driver side is really close to the floor pan(about 1/2").
    Like I mentioned before the emmisions fittings will not work for just bolt on applicatio0n and need modding to make them work if you wanna keep them.I just welded them shut and deleted the egr/air and it really looks nicer under the hood now.
    I do think the collector on the driver side could use a little adjusting so that it wouldnt be so close to the floor pan but I dont think it is going to hurt anything either.
    I will post some new pics (I promise ) after the exhuast is built thursday(I hope) and get them put up.Right now we just connected back into the stock y-pipe so we could get it tuned and wouldnt be so gawd awfull loud.
    I am wondering about just running a true dual with x-pipe instead of the side exit I was planning on but I still dont know yet.Gonna wait till I speak with the guys at the muffler shop.I found out about a shop in Shreveport that makes custom exhaust with mandrel bends that does really nice work.
    Did you use O2 Extentions?

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Did you use O2 Extentions?
    No ....I used the rear o2's from a ls1 (97-03 I think?) vette as they are nice and long,have the same connectors,and they are 85w instead of the 30-40w of the stockers.

Blue
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0135 View Post
    No ....I used the rear o2's from a ls1 (97-03 I think?) vette as they are nice and long,have the same connectors,and they are 85w instead of the 30-40w of the stockers.
    Ok so im new to this I dont understand you used the rear o2's? I just got mine in yesterday and I want put them in asap and I came across some people talking about the o2 thing and I dont know what I need can you not just add some wire or what do I need to do?

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Ok so im new to this I dont understand you used the rear o2's? I just got mine in yesterday and I want put them in asap and I came across some people talking about the o2 thing and I dont know what I need can you not just add some wire or what do I need to do?
    the rear o2's from a vette are the long ones and the hotter ones.they also have the correct plug for the connection on our f-body's.the sensor itself doesnt matter if it is front or rear they serve the same function.

you have to use the front o2's to get your Air fuel ratio correct so you get the best performance from your engine.without the front o2's your pcm will have no idea how much fuel is being burnt and will continue to add fuel to the mix until it is maxed out making you run very rich and very shity.
    the reason I went with the vette o2's is because they are longer and require no splicing,or extensons that I feel would/could cause some problems with the AFR.Not only that but they are a hotter o2 sensor and should read better being further away from head exhaust ports unlike the OEM's that are just inches away.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Firemedic...any interest in selling the other set of headers once UPS finds them and sends them to you?

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    Firemedic...any interest in selling the other set of headers once UPS finds them and sends them to you?
    I dont think they are ever going to show up here.I cant get any response from the seller or UPS.But If I do get another set I will make you a deal bro.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I would appreciate it, I have pacesetters but would like some stainless headers.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    if i'm right, and based on what i have read in this thread so far

Yes. I'm sure firemedic will chime in, but i'm pretty sure back on like page one he says the ebay seller's name. I have also contacted the same seller. I haven't ordered cuz i don't feel real comfortable ordering from someone that can't give details. That's why firemedic is my hero, he has the balls to get er done.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

yeah that is the same guy!!!
    sorry I didnt see that earlier.
    trendy-mens or whatever.
    I send him an email a day asking for my money or headers and usually get a response a week.
    Oh well If I gotta drive out there and track him down I will get him one day LOL

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

at least with the new mods you can get that in fast hot rod fashion...

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

no kidding right.
    Drive my ta right up his ass.
    He emailed me tonight and said" we sent the money to email xxxxxx@XXX.com"
    let me know if you dont have it.
    Yeah right I'm thinking ...nothings hit my paypal for some time.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

well at least ebay is not as scary as it was day one. if it gets too bad maybe they can mediate and help you out.

GL. at least you did get a set of ss headers on the cheap.

Blue
    2000 Z28

Just got my headers in last week and they look great!!!! Going to start the install tomorrow.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Those headers dont look right, and they are on ebay, so I would have to say NO!!! the price is wrong and the egr is off to me. Plus you can find better headers than those. for the price.

retired racer not 4 long chevy1966's Avatar

red white
    1999 z28 vert 1998 z28 ht

I got mine in today. I will not start my install for a few weeks though as I am waiting on other stuff. I am going to do cam, headers, intake, delete air & egr, new plugs, wires, timing chain, and ported/shimed ls6 oil pump all at the same time. I am hoping for some high 11's with this combo. I already have 3200 stall, magnaflow catback, ported t.b., subframe connectors, 1.2" lowering springs, lca relocaters, and panhard bar installed. I think before I install, I am going to modify the DS header, because everyone seems to have same problem with exhaust too close to floorboard.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by chevy1966 View Post
    I got mine in today. I will not start my install for a few weeks though as I am waiting on other stuff. I am going to do cam, headers, intake, delete air & egr, new plugs, wires, timing chain, and ported/shimed ls6 oil pump all at the same time. I am hoping for some high 11's with this combo. I already have 3200 stall, magnaflow catback, ported t.b., subframe connectors, 1.2" lowering springs, lca relocaters, and panhard bar installed. I think before I install, I am going to modify the DS header, because everyone seems to have same problem with exhaust too close to floorboard.

Yeah it kinda bends upward a little bit.But the rest of the fit is really good.

retired racer not 4 long chevy1966's Avatar

red white
    1999 z28 vert 1998 z28 ht

firemedic, about how much does it need to be adjusted?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information