Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Some opinions on these headers?

This is a discussion on Some opinions on these headers? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; dude, we are all waiting on pins and needles to hear the final word. I started a thread about the ...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

dude, we are all waiting on pins and needles to hear the final word.

I started a thread about the exact same headers. When I contacted the seller I couldn't get the manufacture name either. Personally I won't buy from any one that can't give me simple info on the product. That's just me.

You will also notice its headers only, what about the ORY? I asked the ebay seller if they had a Y for it, nope. If you look at ebay you will see a set of SS LTs with a Y on a blue tarp. That ebay seller said they are the XS Eng headers. 500 bucks for the headers and ORY, not bad.

Maybe an XS Eng or SSAuto dealer / seller will chime in, if they are a sponsor or maybe will request to become a sponsor, who knows.

IMO 500 bucks for stainless headers and y-pipe, the best deal i've seen.

BTW, fire medic, what ORY are you using? did you already have one?

retired racer not 4 long chevy1966's Avatar

red white
    1999 z28 vert 1998 z28 ht

Alright, I am waiting for answers also.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Dang!

There must now be a price war on LS1 stainless steel headers!

There is a new pair on there now for $189.99 Buy It Now.

Can't wait to see how these work out

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

yeah, i'm waiting for the write up and pics from fire medic.....on the edge of my seat here.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

This thread reminds me of the OBX Stainless Headers thread. I paid $500.00 for OBX LT's with ORY. Pretty good deal IMO but this deal looks even better.

These headers look really good for the dough, stainless steel is the only way to go!!!

Interested in dyno results...

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

the guy must be sellin a ton of em . . i just checked ebay and hes got like 6 or 7 sets up now (if its the same guy) . . . still waitin on firemedic also til i order them

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

yep, still waitin. Yes this deal seems too good to be true. a new seller on ebay has a set even cheaper. Once agian I asked for manufacture info, and haven't heard back. So far only one ebay seller has confirmed the manufacture of the product they are selling. I would go by looks alone. I would dig deeper for more info, or wait for our man of the hour fire medic to give us the thumbs up.....

retired racer not 4 long chevy1966's Avatar

red white
    1999 z28 vert 1998 z28 ht

Still waiting also. Hope he is not having troubles.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

actually on my old car (MX-6 LS), the ssautochrome headers were the best. they had best fitment, much better than pacesetters, and good sound since they were equal length. not only that, they had copied the best equal length headers on the market so they gave the most power.

However, it might be different for trans am. I'm not sure who they copied but if they are equal lengths I'd go with them (or XS as they are called now).

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Speed, that's good to hear. I have heard a few give them very high marks as well.

However, when dealing with ebay you have to be smart. I don't doubt the quality of SSAutoChrome / XS. What does concern me is any one on ebay that can't provide info on the product they are pushing. That makes me think there is something wrong about the deal, just my personal opinion. To me that's like buying speakers in the mall parking lot from a dude in the back of his van, kind of shady.

I personally have my fingers crossed with high hopes these are the real deal.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ yeah i was just giving my 2 cents on ss. but also note that for the 6 the headers were about $130 shipped so this isn't out of their price range. id bet they are indeed made by ss. when i get my car i will probably go with something like this.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've got the XS headers. Not equal legnth but good quality. They're copied off the Hooker design. Edelbrock, Jet Hot, Flowtech also use this design. The XS y pipe is garbage and doesn't fit. I used a customized TSP y pipe.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

why didn't the Y pipe fit?

and i only found one ebay seller that would state XS was the manufacturer, and that is header and ORY for about 500 shipped. That's why for anything less than 275 makes me think something is not right. That would mean some one is willing to take a real low profit and the others want a big fat profit.

in the end if you have a problem who do you call? I would rather have some one back their product with a warranty. you can only get that when some one tells you who made them and can actually sell them legitamitely. otherwise the manufacturer can say your SOL for not buying from an authorized dealer. I guess that is me being picky about stuff. not every one is perfect and to me that is why warranties are offered. to make good on the mistakes that happen.

I'm still interested to hear more about this POS no fit ORY. If SSAutoChrome / XS did such a re great job on the headers why would they shaft you on the ORY?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Seems to me cause they copied Hooker headers and the Y is a copy of the Pacesetter Y pipe. It hits the floor board on the driverside. Not just under acceleration, but constantly. Almost impossible to even put on.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I've got the XS headers. Not equal legnth but good quality. They're copied off the Hooker design. Edelbrock, Jet Hot, Flowtech also use this design. The XS y pipe is garbage and doesn't fit. I used a customized TSP y pipe.
    i don't care about y pipe, im going dual.

also note that some on ebay are without the y, a reason they are cheaper.

with unequal length does the exhaust sound choppier or have variable loudness at idle? on the old car unequals sounded like crap but it was a small import v6.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post

with unequal length does the exhaust sound choppier or have variable loudness at idle? on the old car unequals sounded like crap but it was a small import v6.
    You will not notice a difference

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ thanks man.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post

yep, i agree that is why they are cheaper, but split the parts about and that's why i mentioned under 275 seems fishy.

so does that mean the hooker ORY whacks the underside? Hooker was one of the brands I was thinking about.

Blue
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Do you have any pics of the customized Y pipe I have the XS headers and looking for a good Y-Pipe?

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Well How about some update for ya's
    I had the car down to the shop last week to finally have them put in and they broke a damn header bolt off in the head so now I am having a neww top end put on.The headers do fit very well no issues installing them on either side they dont seem to make conact witrh anything.They appear to fit really snug without rubbing anything.I will get some pics up at the end of the week when the top end gets put in.
    As far as the seller goes he is flakey.UPS lost my first set of headers and I am still trying to get my money back from this guy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information