SLP "PowerFlo" Exhaust system

This is a discussion on SLP "PowerFlo" Exhaust system within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am considering this system for my 02 WS6, I would like to hear some feedback from others who have ...

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

SLP "PowerFlo" Exhaust system

I am considering this system for my 02 WS6, I would like to hear some feedback from others who have used this system, thanks in advance!

Also, is it logical to upgrade to the SLP Y-pipe at the same time? I do plan on getting headers, just not yet! again, thanks in advance!

2011 Prius

When I bought my car it had SLP Headers and Y-Pipe, I like them. But the Y-Pipe is low as hell.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

SLP headers suck the power claims are false and they sit lower than any header I have seen lots of pepole have problems with ground clearance, the y pipe that bolts to the stock cats is ok it will change the tone of the exhaust but as for performance gain expect none the slp power flo exhaust is a loud mouth 1 or 2 with 2 extra mufflers looks like it would be a heavy system and for the price you could go magnaflow or look into some other quality cat back systems

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

Well right now all it has is a "dronemaster" muffler and it drives me crazy when im just cruising around! what are some other good cat-back/Y-Pipe options?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

there are quite a few options out there for headers over SLP. like others have said on lowered cars, ground clearance is an issue, along with the price. the SLP y-pipe is also hit and miss depending on your application and not worth the price if you are currently running just stock manifolds. so save yourself some money there.

i myself went the way of the Ebay XS Stainless Steel headers (back in '06) and then got a Pacesetter 2-piece ORY and had it modified to fit my set-up. At the time I was running the SLP LM catback system. I am now running the same XS headers but a TSP TD w/dual SLP LM resonators.

I have no experience with the power-flo you are asking about, so I cannot comment on its sound or performance. check out www.ls1sounds.com for different systems and how they sound stock and with mods.

if you would like to hear my car go to youtube and type in: SSwt00SS

it will pull up atleast 5 vidoes of the building up of my car. happy modding.
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 07-23-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

Thanks a lot for the reply, now I am thinking either Borla or Magnaflow cat-back and waiting untill I get my headers to do the Y-Pipe. So anyone have any thoughts on these systems?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by markdd91 View Post
    I am considering this system for my 02 WS6, I would like to hear some feedback from others who have used this system, thanks in advance!

Also, is it logical to upgrade to the SLP Y-pipe at the same time? I do plan on getting headers, just not yet! again, thanks in advance!
    Wait until you get your headers and then do the complete install. It will be easier.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by markdd91 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reply, now I am thinking either Borla or Magnaflow cat-back and waiting untill I get my headers to do the Y-Pipe. So anyone have any thoughts on these systems?
    I would suggest to youtube these exhaust sounds to find one to your liking....If I had the money, I would have bought a Corsa exhaust. I ended up buying the SLP loudmouth for around $300. Corsa I think you can get for >$800. It all depends on your budget.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

CORSA is a 1,000 to 1,200 depending on where you get it I have a used corsa system for sale if you are interested just shoot me a pm and i will tell you all about it

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    CORSA is a 1,000 to 1,200 depending on where you get it I have a used corsa system for sale if you are interested just shoot me a pm and i will tell you all about it
    Yeah, no way I am spending $1,200 for a cat-back system...I guess I will have to listen to some Magnaflow and Borla systems and decide.

Thread Information