Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

SLP Performance Packages

I know everyone has seen those kits from slp for performance. You know the ones that claim to make 350 375 & 400 horsepower. I have the 350 hp kit which includes cold air induction and exhaust. Does anyone know if these kit are horepower rated at the engine or wheels?

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I know everyone has seen those kits from slp for performance. You know the ones that claim to make 350 375 & 400 horsepower. I have the 350 hp kit which includes cold air induction system and loudmouth exhaust. Does anyone know if these kit are horepower rated at the engine or wheels?
    supposed to be wheels from what i have heard... dont know about a4-m6... may be to the wheels for m6 but not a4

white
    2000 z28

more then likely engine imo because i have he air induction pack and loudmouth on my 00 a4 and after looking at alot of other peoples mods and and hp in their signatures i really doubt just that will put you to 350 at the wheels

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

first off slp makes false claims ......the usual for an intake/exhaust is in the 320-325 rwhp range ..stock these cars run from 280s to 3 teens rwhp mine was 287 rwhp at lpe with 0 miles on it pre 383 cid package

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stefan256 View Post
    more then likely engine imo because i have he air induction pack and loudmouth on my 00 a4 and after looking at alot of other peoples mods and and hp in their signatures i really doubt just that will put you to 350 at the wheels
    yeah but theirs other factors... like me all i have is headers/ory/catback... then lid... and im at 353... because m6 just lays it down... so i bet with all that stuff... on a m6 it works out but as you saw... not on an a4
    also prob only on cars equipped with ls6 intake

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

SLP does hype up their HP claims. Here is how you actually figure it.

Take the SLP advertised HP gain, and divide it by 2. Then take that number and multiply it by 0. The answer is the true HP gain from an SLP part.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

They are talking about flywheel power.

Two parts from SLP are worth a damn. Airbox lid and linelock. Stay away from everything else.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

slp=stupid lying pricks.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Two parts from SLP are worth a damn. Airbox lid and linelock. Stay away from everything else.

its true people
    my lm2 are worthless pricey noise makers

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

i have the slp lid and k&n filter and noticed no gain. of course that is the butt dyno. the only one that really counts on a street car

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I know everyone has seen those kits from slp for performance. You know the ones that claim to make 350 375 & 400 horsepower. I have the 350 hp kit which includes cold air induction and exhaust. Does anyone know if these kit are horepower rated at the engine or wheels?
    I don't know.. I have the SLP CAI,SLP Mass Air, and SLP stock exhust from the factory.. And I put out about 350ish TQ and 340ish HP on a dyna pack 4000.. so that about the 350 range.. Except I had a Mass Air instead of a stock one.. And that's not included in the 350pkg.. They did A write up in GMHTP.. The title was 10 cheap bolts ons.. For LS-1 and LS-2.. they got dyno charts and everything in their.. The clamis SLP makes its for Flywheel HP.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Amen.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

all slp parts tend to be under powered and over priced. the only good thing they make are lids. which are really no diff than any other lids btw.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

yea well i just added slp blinker fluid and slp car wash formula and i gained about 23.876 wrhp. lets not forget that the hp sticker that you get with the slp package gives you another 15 hp when applied properly

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

i agree.. dont bother with slp. its all advertising. I have a slp lid because all lids are about the same. The SLP CAI is a no-go if you have ram-air induction already (it lowers the pressure).. I have a lot more than just a SLP package (including lt headers, cutout, weiland intake, u-d pully, etc.), and after a dyno tune, i made 348 hp and 360 torque to the wheels. Unless my car just sucks, SLP's results are very low.

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

SLP isnt all that bad the air lid has been actually been proven to be a better lid than others, i forget which article it is in, search it if u dont beleive me. The headers are a litle overpriced and hang low but if u buy the headers with the cats and y pipe its not a bad deal. EX: Pacestter headers are about 450 to 500 ,dynatech cats are around 200 and a Y pipe i about 200-300.Also they have warranties on it. The quality of their product is better than most as well. Bottom line is you get wut u pay for in car parts. The claims they make about horsepower are more than likely flywheel hp.Furthermore, the only prt of theirs that is irrelavant at a point is the MAF because the LS1 stock MAF is good until about 500 Hp. After that, the SLP MAF will outperform the factory one. In addition jut because u cant tell a difference doesnt mean that the part did nothing. the true tests for car parts are dynos and testing them at the track.

black

Quote Originally Posted by dfillmore827 View Post
    The headers are a litle overpriced and hang low but if u buy the headers with the cats and y pipe its not a bad deal. Bottom line is you get wut u pay for in car parts. The claims they make about horsepower are more than likely flywheel hp.Furthermore, the only prt of theirs that is irrelavant at a point is the MAF because the LS1 stock MAF is good until about 500 Hp. After that, the SLP MAF will outperform the factory one. In addition jut because u cant tell a difference doesnt mean that the part did nothing. the true tests for car parts are dynos and testing them at the track.

first off, you talk about how the slp headers are overpriced and hang low, then you go on to say you get what you pay for.
    you get fucked with slp. yes their lid is better than most and thats about it.
    btw, you should take your own advice and use the search botton. you will see people have dynoed and track tested slp shit and its claims almost never stack up.

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    first off, you talk about how the slp headers are overpriced and hang low, then you go on to say you get what you pay for.
    you get fucked with slp. yes their lid is better than most and thats about it.
    btw, you should take your own advice and use the search botton. you will see people have dynoed and track tested slp shit and its claims almost never stack up.
    No matter what headers you get, you will sacrifice ground clearance because they are longtubes. and it is a little overpriced because it has better quality. im sure gm wouldnt go to them if the quality of their parts were questionable. furthermore i have seen SLP products track tested and the results were in the area of which they claimed. Not to mention that driver error is also a factor.

Black
    99 SS

No matter what headers you get, you will sacrifice ground clearance because they are longtubes. and it is a little overpriced because it has better quality. im sure gm wouldnt go to them if the quality of their parts were questionable. furthermore i have seen SLP products track tested and the results were in the area of which they claimed. Not to mention that driver error is also a factor.

not true about ALL long tubes, my Paceseters NEVER hit or bottomed out once

black

my pacesetters never have bottomed out and they tuck in rather nicely unlike slp.
    as for gm getting parts from them, look at what slp did, they put brand name parts on the SS and firehawk. its not like slp did the stuff in-house.

slp copied the airbox lid from whisper because whisper was the first to come out with it,
    slp copied grots headers,
    the 85mm maf is nothing more than a truck maf,
    slp suspensions are bilstein,
    the rear ends are auburn,
    slp cold air induction is a rip off more or less of the ftra
    slp sub frames=copied off bmr
    thunder racing was the first to offer cams for ls1 cars so slp just joined in on the bandwagon
    the firehawk hood is based off the gm ram air hood,
    i could go on some more but im tired of typing.

Thread Information