Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

slp lt headers?

This is a discussion on slp lt headers? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have had both slp and kooks which i have now and the only reason i changed is because my ...

Knoxville, TN

2002 Trans Am WS6

Slp Header question

I have had both slp and kooks which i have now and the only reason i changed is because my built motor needed bigger headers 1 7/8. The 2001 and 2002 will work. I sold my slp's to my friend who has a 1999 ss. He called slp and they told him that they would work. That is a bunch of crap. They are on the car right now and are doing fine. No clearence isues but he does drag a little. If you can get them at a good price buy them they flow great. Good luck i hope this helps man.

Houston, Tx

2002 WS6 Trans Am

I bought my SLP header combo with the cats and install package last Thanksgiving. The install package makes it nice to know that you wont be missing anything during the install. SLP offered free shipping during the Thanksgiving sale and 10% off with free shipping during the Christmas sale. I wish I would have waited for the Christmas sale.

My car has been sitting in my garage for like eight months because the stock cats made a nasty rattling noise when I hit the gas. So I decided to change everything out. I finally got time to do it this month and just finished on Friday. The lowest part of the new exhaust are the cats. My car is lowered, and I cant go over big speed bumps, the ones that look like the tar was just thrown on the ground and not smoothed out in any way. This does not matter to me because I never really drive the car. I dont know how I would feel if I drove the car daily.

After the headers were installed, I put the cats, borla and all pipes in place. Then I put a jack under the y-pipe and jacked it up as high as possible without touching any part of the body. I then tightened all the bolts. If I did not jack up the y-pipe, it was going to hang like three inches lower.

Fairfax Virginia

2001,1969 Camaro SS's

SLP Headers

I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. I have the SLP headers,y- pipe, Random Tech Cat's and Random Tech cat back. I have had these on my car for almost three years.I installed all at the same time.My car is not lowered. I have scrapped on some large speed bumps over the years, but besides that, no problems.The sound is great at idle and WOT.
    My car is a 2001 SS W/ auto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information