Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

SLP Loudmouth vs Flowmaster :)

This is a discussion on SLP Loudmouth vs Flowmaster :) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 1nasty86 god id rather have no muffler than a flowmaster!!!!!!!!! Have you ever had a flowmaster or ...

  1. #41
    crazy ass white boy dennis ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    473

    navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nasty86 View Post
    god id rather have no muffler than a flowmaster!!!!!!!!!
    Have you ever had a flowmaster or even a LS1 f-body? Flowmaster sounds great and I picked up on the quarter mile. Try it before you knock it

  2. #42
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

    I wish I could have stayed open headers. The video is shaky but its the sound that counts.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy_kjjP-ul4[/ame]

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Have you ever had a flowmaster or even a LS1 f-body? Flowmaster sounds great and I picked up on the quarter mile. Try it before you knock it
    They really do sound good with a set of long tubes. I have never dyno sheets that compare their flow to a cut out but never side by side with another muffler to prove they cant flow on a bolt on car.
    Last edited by Mike0202; 11-30-2010 at 09:35 AM.

  4. #44
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    The flow under that of most every other catback (blowmaster that is)....
    The sound is okay (not my favorite, but not the worst by any means).

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the tool box....
    Posts
    22

    Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro

    Flowmaster sounds okay, there a WAY better catbacks out there....

    Also, I have seen in person a car pick up from cutting a flowmaster off. A guy I know had his car tuned with a flowmaster and went with us to a dyno day the very next week (same dyno, same weather conditions and even on the same tank of gas IIRC) just with the flowmaster muffler cut off and a piece of pipe welded in the location of the flowmaster muffler and picked up right at 10 horses and 6ft-lbs. It sounded like complete ass and was ungodly loud, but it did pick up.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The flow under that of most every other catback (blowmaster that is)....
    The sound is okay (not my favorite, but not the worst by any means).
    I dont care much for the sound on stock manifolds but it seems to really open up with headers and a good 3 inch Y pipe.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKNSS01 View Post
    Flowmaster sounds okay, there a WAY better catbacks out there....

    Also, I have seen in person a car pick up from cutting a flowmaster off. A guy I know had his car tuned with a flowmaster and went with us to a dyno day the very next week (same dyno, same weather conditions and even on the same tank of gas IIRC) just with the flowmaster muffler cut off and a piece of pipe welded in the location of the flowmaster muffler and picked up right at 10 horses and 6ft-lbs. It sounded like complete ass and was ungodly loud, but it did pick up.
    I was actually talking about just their mufflers not the 80 series cat back system.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the tool box....
    Posts
    22

    Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I was actually talking about just their mufflers not the 80 series cat back system.
    That's what I was referring to. It was originally a different system that he got used, after the previous owner installed the flowmaster. After he cut out the flowmaster muffler and got a piece of pipe welded in it picked up.

    If you are going to use the stock exhaust and just weld in a flowmaster muffler, I wouldnt see a problem with that.... they do have a decent sound.

    Sorry for any confusion.

  9. #49
    Member tpilews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    918

    Black
    '98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKNSS01 View Post
    That's what I was referring to. It was originally a different system that he got used, after the previous owner installed the flowmaster. After he cut out the flowmaster muffler and got a piece of pipe welded in it picked up.

    If you are going to use the stock exhaust and just weld in a flowmaster muffler, I wouldnt see a problem with that.... they do have a decent sound.

    Sorry for any confusion.
    Yeah, just for clarification, that's what my video has above. Stock catback with Flowmaster muffler welding in.

  10. #50
    The loudmouth doesnt really sound loud at idle. Or is that just in the video quality?

  11. #51
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

    that would be open headers in the video not a loudmouth and you can hear it lope from a mile away literally, I tested it

  12. #52
    Member 1nasty86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Al
    Posts
    145

    silver
    1986 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Have you ever had a flowmaster or even a LS1 f-body? Flowmaster sounds great and I picked up on the quarter mile. Try it before you knock it
    i actually have a ls2 86 camaro. but ive had the flowmaster 80 series muffler on a firebird. hated it! must be personaly preferance. *cough* maganaflow*cough* and yes i do like the regular flowmaster muffler. my friend has a svt cobra and it has a flowmaster catback, love the sound!
    Last edited by 1nasty86; 12-02-2010 at 09:57 AM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nasty86 View Post
    i actually have a ls2 86 camaro. but ive had the flowmaster 80 series muffler on a firebird. hated it! must be personaly preferance. *cough* maganaflow*cough* and yes i do like the regular flowmaster muffler. my friend has a svt cobra and it has a flowmaster catback, love the sound!
    I like magnaflow on a heads/cammed car. On a bolt on car its way to quiet for me.

  14. #54
    Member 1nasty86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Al
    Posts
    145

    silver
    1986 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I like magnaflow on a heads/cammed car. On a bolt on car its way to quiet for me.
    Yeah my ls2 has t.e.a. Heads, pat g. Eps cam, and a 102 fast. It sounds sick at wot. havent heard one that was stock with a magnaflow cb. I just dont like the flowdisaster cb on a ls car. Corsa, magnaflow, borla, or slp pro flow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: flowmaster
    By jodmari in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2016, 06:43 PM
  2. how bad really is flowmaster???
    By Raoul-Duke in forum External Engine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
  3. LT's + ORY + Flowmaster
    By ss~zoso~ss in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 04:31 AM
  4. Is Flowmaster All That Bad?
    By blackls1ta in forum External Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 07:30 AM
  5. flowmaster
    By mark.deady in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •