black
    1999 SS

SLP Headers Opinion

new member here.

I have a 1999 SS, current mods are SLP lid, KN filter, smooth bellows, 85MM MAF, SLP CAI, still using the hood ram air with the CAI.

few questions:

I just ordered SLP LT's, CAT's and Y, any opinions on these headers.

Planning on adding electric cutouts on Y after both CAT's..is this worth it or even practical?

What are your thoughts on HP after headers are in with current mods?

peace and thanks to all.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

you should have asked us about SLP Headers before ordering them. Though they fit good, they hang down really low which causes clearance issues for lowered cars. Also, for what you pay for them (price wise) you're really not getting the best bang for the buck, lets say for instance if you had ordered Pacesetter LT's instead and pocketed the difference for other mods or for a tune...

other's will chime in with their comments. but basically what it boils down to is that for the money you spent, the product just doesn't justify the price...

HP after headers and hopefully a tune 340-350rwhp...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

black
    1999 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    you should have asked us about SLP Headers before ordering them. Though they fit good, they hang down really low which causes clearance issues for lowered cars. Also, for what you pay for them (price wise) you're really not getting the best bang for the buck, lets say for instance if you had ordered Pacesetter LT's instead and pocketed the difference for other mods or for a tune...

other's will chime in with their comments. but basically what it boils down to is that for the money you spent, the product just doesn't justify the price...

HP after headers and hopefully a tune 340-350rwhp...
    Thanks....I have read that most went with Pacesetters. However, you did state the real reason why I went with the SLP's over others, that was the fit, felt confident about that part. SLP does say that ground clearance would be reduced by 1.5", that still should be higher than the air foil in the under-front of the car. I was just wondering what others felt as far as performance went vs other headers. BTW, trying to keep it as SLP as possible.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof_1952 View Post
    Thanks....I have read that most went with Pacesetters. However, you did state the real reason why I went with the SLP's over others, that was the fit, felt confident about that part. SLP does say that ground clearance would be reduced by 1.5", that still should be higher than the air foil in the under-front of the car. I was just wondering what others felt as far as performance went vs other headers. BTW, trying to keep it as SLP as possible.
    as far as performance fom one brand of Lt's to the next they all pretty much dyno and report gains within 5rwhp of eachother. i myself bought the Ebay XS Stainless steel LT's for $340 bucks and after install and tune I gained 26rwhp/22rwtq...

most LT's dyno and report gains usually between 20-30rwhp and arounf 20-25trtq...

Thread Information