White
    2000 Z28

SLP Header Install Problem

Hey guys, I bought a used set of SLP longtubes that I'm installing. I've managed to get the driver side in without too much trouble and have finished that side already. I'm having extreme difficulty getting the passenger sides in at all. The header is getting caught in three different spots. It looks like I might have to drop the K-member altogether to get it in. Keep in mind these are the "tuned" length headers. It's a stupid bend in the primaries that is catching on the K-member. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue like this or if anyone has any tips they'd like to give on getting this SOB in. And by tips I don't mean go buy different headers. Though I have considered it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sell them and buy different headers, you will thank yourself later. Not only are they a pain to install, they will hang low and scrape on about anything. Not many people here have the SLP headers, so I don't see you getting much feedback from experience on your specific issue

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yep, terrible header to use but that's neither here nor there. Did you pull the starter?

White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Sell them and buy different headers, you will thank yourself later. Not only are they a pain to install, they will hang low and scrape on about anything. Not many people here have the SLP headers, so I don't see you getting much feedback from experience on your specific issue
    Yea I know a lot of people don't really care for SLP. As far as buying a new set of headers I don't have the money to do so unless I can manage to sell the ones that I have. I bought the headers with y-pipe and O2's for 300 if I remember correctly. As far as the clearance issue, I obviously won't know for sure until I drive it, but it seems like I have about as much clearance as I did before maybe a quarter inch less? I'm more worried about the 3" y-pipe being an issue.

Thread Information