Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

SLP to Flowmaster muffler question.

OK, here we go. I have a 2002 Camaro SS with the SLP CME, LTH and high flow cats going from 3" Y to 2 1/2" outlets. I am tired of the original SLP muffler sound so I bought a Flowmaster 43083 80 series muffler to change things up. Well, I went to install it and found the SLP stainless steel muffler is 4" or so longer then the Flowmaster. I have the CME system so I can not move anything around in fear of breaking the center link on the tips. Do I weld extensions on the Flowmaster or is there another choice for me to consider. Does anyone know anything about the stainless steel SLP muffler as far as flow or performance.
    Thanks.

The factory 3" SLP cat back with their stainless transverse muffler works just as well as any other 3" catback on the market. We compared them years ago on same car and found no measurable difference. I run the factory SLP transverse system on both of our 4th gens, (one CME and the other dual/dual) I like the mellow tone, no drone, and it's actually a system that my wife can live with. I run long tube headers and off road Y-pipes on both cars too, still a mellow system.

Personally, since these systems are no longer available, and it seems to be getting increasingly rare and is seldom seen on 4th gens anymore, I'd leave it alone, you won't gain anything unless you are after a different sound, but that's personal preference.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Thanks for the fast response. I am going to put the Flowmaster muffler on Ebay. Thanks again.

You bet. Just a FYI, only the SS SLP camaro's got these systems (if the option was checked) and Firehawks, so they are somewhat unique. That's what is making them hard to come by now.

Thread Information