Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

slp flow pack... Worth it?

This is a discussion on slp flow pack... Worth it? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Well I experimented with a fernco special I went for the 3x3 and that was the ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well I experimented with a fernco special

I went for the 3x3 and that was the ticket. It fit around the throttle body and the MAF okay, but there was no way it would make the turn up to the MAF.
    So I trimmed a little at a time, and got it to the point where it fits "okay". It still actually tries to pull the bottom out and away from the throttle body, simply because making that 30 degree angle with a straight piece of rubber is difficult.
    There was still enough of the fernco coupler (about 3/8") to grab the bottom of the throttle body and more than enough for the clamp to do it's job. But I'd still like to see more. I'll have to keep an eye on it and make sure it stays attached, since the motor moves around a tad and the coupler really doesn't offer any give.

But for $6 I guess it works. I still like the SLP bellow on my 02 better.
    I have had both as well. I had the same issues you did with the $6 fernco. Even though its $50, the SLP one gives significant better fitment. That is the only product you will hear me say anything positive about as well. Does it actually do anything though, probably not.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I have had both as well. I had the same issues you did with the $6 fernco. Even though its $50, the SLP one gives significant better fitment. That is the only product you will hear me say anything positive about as well. Does it actually do anything though, probably not.
    see i think i went with a bigger one and sucked it down with the clamps but im not real sure

Just wanted to give my fair review of it Just my experience, and I'm a little picky. I'll continue to try it for a while, and keep the stock accordian as back up. Going to a dyno day in the next month or two, might try switching it real quick and see what I find.
    It's my wifes car and it's just a driver anyway. If it gives me any problems I'll probably spring for the SLP bellow again.

Here ya go everyone, so you can form your own opinion.

Here is my wifes car with the fernco Home Depot special. If you look close, you can see how it wants to pull away slightly from the bottom of the throttle body. Took some trimming but overall, so far it's staying put.

And here is my car with the SLP bellow installed. Very nice fit that hasn't given me any trouble in years. But there is a big cost difference.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Their line lock works well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information