Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

slp flow pack... Worth it?

I got the opportunity to pick up a used slp flopack for about $125 which comes with everthing included. Wondered if it was worthwhile? I have heard the smooth bellows dont show much improvement.

http://www.lmperformance.com/3225/1.html

SLP Cold Air Package, 1998-99 LS-1 Camaro/Firebird (FlowPac).

New from SLP, the "FlowPac" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and Black Wing Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 25 horsepower over stock. Save $30 over the cost of purchasing the parts individually!

My car is a 2000. It should work right?

Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

yeah i have it and it works great! no complains

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

IMHO, nothing SLP is worth it...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Their line lock is...

OP - In my humble opinion, the CAI and the smooth bellows is a waste. You will probably find that with the smooth bellows (which by the way is ridiculously priced) will give you trouble trying to get the air lid to fit properly.

I haven't really heard anything good or bad on the Blackwing filter.

black
    1999 camaro SS

I'd love to see some dyno results to back up this 25hp increase lol
    Last edited by xmarkx; 09-18-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Iphone spell check suuuucks!!

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Have to disagree. Remember SLP was responsible for the return of the SS. They put a good amount of research into most of their products. Their lids have consistently tested as best flowing, and many of their products are top notch. Yes, some of their products are pricey.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by DaddySS View Post
    Have to disagree. Remember SLP was responsible for the return of the SS. They put a good amount of research into most of their products. Their lids have consistently tested as best flowing, and many of their products are top notch. Yes, some of their products are pricey.
    Unfortunately not only are they pricey, but they also aren't that great of quality. The lid and the line lock are the only two things that are worth the price you pay. I have had personal experience with many of there other products and have never been satisfied. They may have been the ones who brought back the SS, but if they weren't there to do it, GM would have found someone else. With that said, to each their own. If someone wants to but SLP, I'm not going to try and stop them.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

They have the worst service in the aftermarket parts industry, their parts are overhyped and overpriced. Their headers are the worst on the market, period. There are tons of us on here that have horrible experiences with SLP. Making positive comments about them on here doesn't go over too well with the majority of the members.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

For the price its a good pick up. SLP redesigned the lids for a better fit a couple years ago. If anything just use the lid.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

when it comes to lids, for the majority, a lid is a lid, IMO skip the Flo-pack, buy a lid and a fernco coupler, and cut the bottom of your airbox if you want to go that route

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 camaro z28

I got dat whole setup in my car n it runs strong can't complaint bout it n datz a good price

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28KID209 View Post
    I got dat whole setup in my car n it runs strong can't complaint bout it n datz a good price
    for what your buying sure its as good of price as youll pry find, for what your getting... no way overpriced

Silver
    02 Pontiac

I have it on my 02 v6 firebird and it really does help out. I have no complainants. On SLP's site it's 333.70 for the kit so it's not overpriced at all.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

For those of you on here stating "it helps out a lot"....

Show me some before and after DYNO results.

Thanks

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

I've got no dyno results before or after and don't really plan on going.
    But, as for the flopak I have it and really have few complaints.
    The smooth bellows is kind of a pain but it at least look prettier than the stock one.
    The blackwing filter is just another K&N I stopped using it as it's such a hassle to clean and re-oil and the benefits are minescule.
    The little metal ram air scoop is kind of cool. Not sure of it's HP value but it's a cool conversation piece.
    The lid fits well and works well.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

noone is arguing that it doesnt help, we are just saying there are better ways to spend money with more bang for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    noone is arguing that it doesnt help, we are just saying there are better ways to spend money with more bang for your buck
    SLP is overpriced and overrated.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

The lid costs ~$95, which I think is worth it. So your paying ~$30 for 2 seperate MODs i see here. The free ram air mod and a smooth bellow.

The smooth bellow costs ~$60 from SLP, I have it, did it when I got the lid. Anything that helps smooth the air flow is a positive thing, no one can argue that. This is what the smooth bellow does, the same way the new LID does. How significant are the gains? I think that's what gets argued b/c honestly they're so small you'll never notice. I would just buy the fernco (manufacture's name) connection at the hardware store. Pretty sure it costs ~$7. The SLP smooth bellow also makes fitment a PITA. I had to bend the LID clips to keep them shut, otherwise with the bad fitment of the SLP LID with the SLP bellow, it would constantly pop off. The only thing it has over the fernco, is it looks better. It might have better airflow (more volume at the TB with "bubble" design) but the difference is unnoticeable, probably unnoticeable to a dyno as well.

As far as the free ram air mod goes..... it's free.

I think I would save the ~$20 and just buy a brand new LID and a fernco connection. Unless money isn't a problem.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    The lid costs ~$95, which I think is worth it. So your paying ~$30 for 2 seperate MODs i see here. The free ram air mod and a smooth bellow.

The smooth bellow costs ~$60 from SLP, I have it, did it when I got the lid. Anything that helps smooth the air flow is a positive thing, no one can argue that. This is what the smooth bellow does, the same way the new LID does. How significant are the gains? I think that's what gets argued b/c honestly they're so small you'll never notice. I would just buy the fernco (manufacture's name) connection at the hardware store. Pretty sure it costs ~$7. The SLP smooth bellow also makes fitment a PITA. I had to bend the LID clips to keep them shut, otherwise with the bad fitment of the SLP LID with the SLP bellow, it would constantly pop off. The only thing it has over the fernco, is it looks better. It might have better airflow (more volume at the TB with "bubble" design) but the difference is unnoticeable, probably unnoticeable to a dyno as well.

As far as the free ram air mod goes..... it's free.

I think I would save the ~$20 and just buy a brand new LID and a fernco connection. Unless money isn't a problem.

even with the slp bellow, i dont think the look is much different at all, ill put up some pictures from the first one i had, i later bought a different one bc i didnt like the way i trimmed the first one.... didnt haveto at all but basically my ocd was killin me and i was bored, oh and dont mind the dust it sat all winter

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

I have everything except the smooth bellow and I am not impressed with anything except the lid. My understanding with the CAI is it is not low enough to actually intake cold air and it picks up a lot of dirt and crap off the road and makes your filter get dirty quickly. Also if you drive in heavy rain I have heard of some sucking in water, but cannot say this has happend to me. The free ram air mod seems like a better set up and the CAI is overrated. The smooth bellow has been said to crack the lid because it doesn't flex like the stock one was intended to when the engine moves.

Also I am not sure, but I believe the 98-99 is different from the 00-02 because there is an additional hole for a small filter. You may be able to delete that out so I would check with others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information