Thread: slp exhaust?

black
    01 z28

slp exhaust?

I currently have the loudmouth 1 on my car and I am getting ready to install long tubes on it. Just wondering what would be good to replace the loudmouth resonator with, because I will not be running cats. I was thinking about a borla xr-1. Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

i have the adjustable borla, even with no restrictor plate it sounded really good and not obnoxious with LTs and ORY. but if u plan to cam keep those plates around.... and put ani-sieze on ur catback bolts! im about to pay some guys to take that dang pipe off so i can put a little plate in there... after cam its freaking loud

black
    01 z28

thanks for the help, I had read where the lm1 was way to loud with longtubes, and thought I'd better find a different muffler before the headers go on, when I installed the exhaust we put anti-seize on the bolts. my dad swears by that stuff
    [SIGPIC]2001 z28 a4, slp loudmouth exhaust, other basic bolt-ons.

Junior Member black transam1218's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

exhaust

hey guys!

Im shoppin around and thinking of up-grading my exhaust. I still have only the stock in my 98' TA. so, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i have no favorite brand since ive never had the money before to even compare.

ooo ya, either you 2 try out LS1 sounds.com i went to it other day played 2 sound bits and now none of them will play for me. im not sure what happened, cant be my computer its brand new and ive used the website before and had no problems. got carried away with the red

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by black transam1218 View Post
    hey guys!

Im shoppin around and thinking of up-grading my exhaust. I still have only the stock in my 98' TA. so, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i have no favorite brand since ive never had the money before to even compare.

ooo ya, either you 2 try out LS1 sounds.com i went to it other day played 2 sound bits and now none of them will play for me. im not sure what happened, cant be my computer its brand new and ive used the website before and had no problems.Click for full size got carried away with Click for full sizethe red

That was kinda random, I know your a new member but you can start a new thread if you want some exhaust info. Most people try to stay away from flowmaster when it comes to the 80 series cat backs, terrible flow. Its all mainly personal preference, but if you want loud and headturning go slp. But if you ever plan on headers I reccomend magnaflow.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    But if you ever plan on headers I reccomend magnaflow.
    Agreed. Love the tone...
    I won't use anything else on any car.

But since you already have the LM1....the Borla muffler/resonator is a great replacement for that obnoxious LM1 resonator. Better known as a BorlaMouth.

Thread Information