Thread: slp exhaust

Pewter
    2000 chevrolet camaro SS

slp exhaust

I'm looking at buying an slp loudmouth exhaust and I wasn't sure what the difference is between a resonator and a muffler. A resonator is what the exhaust package comes with and I'm not sure if a resonator is the same thing a muffler or if I'll have to then buy a muffler. thanks for any help.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I have the entire SLP Loud Mouth system from the headers back to the tail pipes. When we purchased ours, we bought the cats, so I've heard that helps with the raspiness a bit, but we bought BOTH the resonator and the muffler, with the intent to have the option of switching them back and forth. They are interchangeable, and mount in the same place...in other words, you use one, or the other. Obviously the muffler is quieter than the resonator, which is nothing more than a completely empty pipe! From the start we put the resonator on, and figured we'd have the muffler on within a week. Well....I wound up giving the muffler to my son for his Prelude. My car sounds great, and I'm in love with the system. There's more wind noise than exhaust noise on the freeway. If you put your foot in it, you WILL break the (sound barrier) between you and your neighbors, so save that until you get off your block.
    My suggestion is, if you're going to buy both, buy it WITH the muffler, as it's the same price either way [resonator or muffler] if I remember correctly, then buy the resonator, because it's cheaper than the muffler, hence saving about $50.00 But you'll probably never use the muffler.............................

Pewter
    2000 chevrolet camaro SS

thanks for the advice. I think for now I'm just going to buy it with the resonator. For right now I just want my camaro to sound bad ass. Then I'll start installing headers and other bolt-on's.

Thread Information