Thread: SLP Air Box

Ebony
    2000 Camaro SS

Talking SLP Air Box

As most of you likely know, Install University.com shows how to modify a stock LS1 airbox. I'm about to purchase the SLP) their cold air package as shown here:

Cold-Air Package, 2000-02 V8 Camaro/Firebird "FlowPac"

New from SLP, the "FlowPac™" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and Blackwing™ Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 20 horsepower over stock.

What I'm curious about is would I get the same result, by doing the "free" Install-university.com mod & just adding the SLP lid - or can I do one or the other or both? Would appreciate some info and suggestions. Many Thanks!
    Getting ready for high-speed autocross at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (Rockton, IL) in 2 weeks !

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by axracer50ss View Post
    As most of you likely know, Install University.com shows how to modify a stock LS1 airbox. I'm about to purchase the SLP) their cold air package as shown here:

Cold-Air Package, 2000-02 V8 Camaro/Firebird "FlowPac"

New from SLP, the "FlowPac™" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and Blackwing™ Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 20 horsepower over stock.

What I'm curious about is would I get the same result, by doing the "free" Install-university.com mod & just adding the SLP lid - or can I do one or the other or both? Would appreciate some info and suggestions. Many Thanks!
    Getting ready for high-speed autocross at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (Rockton, IL) in 2 weeks !
    Hey, definately do the slp lid, but the 20 hp is optomistic, just like most slp hp claims cut the claim in half to get to reality. The slp lid is a nice piece, I really like mine.

white
    2002 B4C

Use SLp air lid and smooth bellows. Do the free ram air mod and get K&N filter. Unless you wanna blow $$$. I'm hitting autocross next week too! You got suspension mods? I have the B4C pkg, but I am upgradeing shocks. Did the back first...what a difference! Went with Sachs, get um' at Autozone. I want Bilsteins in front and shock tower brace. I think the Bilsteins have been discontinued, so I'll go with Sachs up front. They are pricey, but wow! Need a performance muffler? Got used one cheap! That should be good for mods.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Use SLp air lid and smooth bellows. Do the free ram air mod and get K&N filter. Unless you wanna blow $$$. I'm hitting autocross next week too! You got suspension mods? I have the B4C pkg, but I am upgradeing shocks. Did the back first...what a difference! Went with Sachs, get um' at Autozone. I want Bilsteins in front and shock tower brace. I think the Bilsteins have been discontinued, so I'll go with Sachs up front. They are pricey, but wow! Need a performance muffler? Got used one cheap! That should be good for mods.
    x2, I have the free ram air, SLP lid, SLP smooth bellows, K&N filter, TB bypass, EGR tube cut. It helped open up some more air to the intake but noticeble gains were minimal, my SLP (no resignator) exhaust really opened up the car a bit more.

Ebony
    2000 Camaro SS

I have the Bilsteins, SLP strut tower brace and a 1-3/8" front sway bar on the way along with Falken Azenis 615's all around. I'll know the results in a couple of weeks.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Cool, I have the UMI strut bar, SLP bar was just overpriced IMO.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Why not just get the lid and a FTRA?

white
    2002 B4C

Let me know how you like the Bilsteins. Thought they were discontinued, or maybe the parts guys just didn't know how to order them! The Sachs up front a lot more $$$, are they worth it?

What does the UMI run?

Thread Information