AmG

Question SLP 400 Power Pack and F.A.S.T

I found a 1999 Trans Am Auto. for sale. It has 100,000+ miles on it, and the guy wants it for cheap. I was thinking to start off with the SLP 400 HP PerformancePac and the F.A.S.T 90MM Throttle Body and Intake Manifold.

What you guys think? should I go ahead with it?

-AmG-
    Last edited by AmG; 09-10-2005 at 04:09 AM.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

If you have the money go for it, look around though for the 400 HP package, there is a couple of companys that do those and all have different prices. If you know the history of the car, origional owner, if your the 2nd owner, ect... you should be good. Just as long as a 16 year old dumb ass didnt drive it to hell and back 100,000 miles will not affect the car. Just make sure to keep it in good condition, chang oil every 3k, as well as all the regular maintaince the car should be great.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

that 400hp pack is probably at the crank...and you can get a ls6 manifold for half the price of a lsx. I personally wouldn't buy a combo pack like that from slp

AmG
    Ok besides the SLP package, should I go with the LS6 manifold and an 80MM Throttle body, or should I get the F.A.S.T 90MM Throttle Body and Intake Manifold?

I was thinking F.A.S.T, cause if I decide to one day drop a stroker on it, the intake manifold can handle it.

-AmG-

05 Wrangler

unless you plan on making a lot of power in the future i'd get the ls6...but that's just what i would get. if you have the money might as well get the lsx. I looked at that power package that you mentioned...do not get that shit. they had it for 3600 at summit and it's pretty much just intake and exhaust and a tuner...but you do get the cool 400 hp stickers Plus all that stuff is SLP...not my fav company but to each his own.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

instead of that, go with the jethots or flps or pacesetters...they all offer better clearance than the slp headers, are cheaper and wont choke the motor with bigger mods. The 90/90 setup isnt a bad idea to start out with if you have the money. A MTI or TSP lid is the way to go unless you wanna be different and get the FIPK. A pulley is also a good mod. Dont forget about your suspension!! SFC's are something that should be done from the start.

AmG
    I think I might go with the 90/90 setup and the 375hp SLP PerformancePac which is the same as the 400hp pack except without the Headers and it costs way less. As for Headers I was thinking Hooker Super Competition, a few of my friends bought it, and they say its great and its not as low as the SLP headers. As for suspension I'ma get the KYB Shocks Front/Rear and the SLP Subframe Connector (Bolt On) for start. I'm going to modify the car monthly, unless I get fired, than i would have to stop

-AmG-

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

i wouldnt recommend the kyb shocks. get a set of bilsteins at least. may I ask whats with the SLP everything?? Many other companies offer similar products, if not better for a lot less. You do plan to get the SFC's welded right??

CamaroKillZ28
    Word has filtered down to me that the only thing slp makes worth spending money on is the loudmouth and the cai, other than that i wouldnt waste my money on it. they dont give you as much as they claim unless you have other mods already in place. if your going to spend 3k+ i would go with heads and a cam.

AmG
    Well I want a package, cause I live overseas and I only order from Summit or SLP, cause we get low costs on shipments. As for heads, I already found one here, and the Cam is not that big of a problem, I found a cheap full set from CompCams here. It came with Cam - Dual Valve Springs (I think) - Timing Chain. But I'm not sure which is the best cam for my car with the full package. Anyone can help me here?

As for the SFC, I'm not sure about welding, its a big risk here to find someone good to actually do the job right.

-AmG-

05 Wrangler

slp's traction control reversal is a good mod...don't have to push the damn button everytime i start the car now

I to am looking in to some mods. Street use only. Do not plan to get in to drag racing.
    I only what to hang with some of the newer cars comming out.
    ? headers Yes Should i get a new intake. I read here I think to not waste money on a mass air unless you go over 500hp. My car is a 99SS slp air lid and loudmouth. M6

Thread Information