View Poll Results: What is universally the best brake-type?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drilled and Slotted is the best way to go!

13 56.52%
  • Slotted is the best way to go!

6 26.09%
  • Stock is the best way to go!

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Slotted vs. Drilled & Slotted (Poll)

This is a discussion on Slotted vs. Drilled & Slotted (Poll) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; To be honest I would look into upgrading to the Vette brakes if I were going that route. On my ...

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

To be honest I would look into upgrading to the Vette brakes if I were going that route. On my old Camaro I did have a set of Baer brakes and they were great (great company to deal with as well they actually kept me from spending as much as I planned). The only problem is you have to get replacement parts from Baer. If you get something like the Vette upgrade you can go anywhere and get replacement parts fairly cheap and easily.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    To be honest I would look into upgrading to the Vette brakes if I were going that route. On my old Camaro I did have a set of Baer brakes and they were great (great company to deal with as well they actually kept me from spending as much as I planned). The only problem is you have to get replacement parts from Baer. If you get something like the Vette upgrade you can go anywhere and get replacement parts fairly cheap and easily.
    the vette brakes don't impress me either. The calipers might but the rotors suck just as bad as ours do. My buddy has put 2 sets of rotors on his 98 C-5 in the last couple years and another buddy of mine has a Y2K that the rotors are warped on.
    I run slotted and drilled on mine. Went to the track a couple times with it last year with some high speed stops and no cracking or warping on mine. I say that and they'll crack all to hell this year but so far they've been nice.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    if the hot chicks are impressed they need to get out more.
    Actually if chicks are not impress by you, then maybe YOU need to get out more. Hell when I got my Camaro I had girls get all wet and stuff. They want rides and everything. Hell, done a lot of naughty stuff in this car lol.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I heard those are good too. I am just for now though getting OEM replacements. The fronts, however, down the line I will do a complete brake conversion when I get some real $$$ and not the scraps I am making.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the vette brakes don't impress me either. The calipers might but the rotors suck just as bad as ours do. My buddy has put 2 sets of rotors on his 98 C-5 in the last couple years and another buddy of mine has a Y2K that the rotors are warped on.
    I run slotted and drilled on mine. Went to the track a couple times with it last year with some high speed stops and no cracking or warping on mine. I say that and they'll crack all to hell this year but so far they've been nice.
    That is good to hear that the drilled and slotted are good. I think though I might stick to the slotted. Hell who knows might go with the drilled and slotted lol. Make sure you guys vote too. There is a few people that say what kind they want but I don't see everyone voting. Also, what type of brake pads? Is Ceramic the ones to get?

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    To me they are just one of the most economical upgrades for brakes. Of course the nice thing doing something like the Vette setup is you can just get something like the rotors separately, and all that you have to do is look at what is selling for the Vettes. Who knows maybe in a year or two Brembo will be a good option with the new Camaro getting them stock.

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    I heard those are good too. I am just for now though getting OEM replacements. The fronts, however, down the line I will do a complete brake conversion when I get some real $$$ and not the scraps I am making.

That is good to hear that the drilled and slotted are good. I think though I might stick to the slotted. Hell who knows might go with the drilled and slotted lol. Make sure you guys vote too. There is a few people that say what kind they want but I don't see everyone voting. Also, what type of brake pads? Is Ceramic the ones to get?
    My apologies, I saw what brakes you were considering and thought you were going to upgrade the whole system.

Something I would suggest you keep in mind, for the most part as long as you have the same braking system you will have much of a difference just be changing out parts (espcially rotors). To really get a noticeable difference in braking you need to go up to a bigger set of brakes. Whenever I have talked with Baer (and looked up on their site) about if slotted and/or drilled helped create shorter stopping distances they have always told me that it is more cosmetic now than functional.

Personally, I might get slotted for my next brakes just because they do help (can not remember the offical term, but they basically clean the pads). Drilled to me just have no use (older pads they would help with the gases, but brake pads are no longer made with the same materials and do not require this).

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    As long as the brakes get warmed up, the grab like crazy! I would let you drive my car to try them out, but theres no engine in my car right now so that would be kinda hard.
    Maybe we could push it real fast...........................

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Maybe we could push it real fast...........................
    or find a really big hill!

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    or find a really big hill!
    oh sure, but where are all your friends when its time to push it back home up that hill?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    oh sure, but where are all your friends when its time to push it back home up that hill?
    i was just hopeing that at the bottom of that hill would be another hill?!?!?! is that not how it works?

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

To me they are just one of the most economical upgrades for brakes. Of course the nice thing doing something like the Vette setup is you can just get something like the rotors separately, and all that you have to do is look at what is selling for the Vettes. Who knows maybe in a year or two Brembo will be a good option with the new Camaro getting them stock.

My apologies, I saw what brakes you were considering and thought you were going to upgrade the whole system.

Something I would suggest you keep in mind, for the most part as long as you have the same braking system you will have much of a difference just be changing out parts (espcially rotors). To really get a noticeable difference in braking you need to go up to a bigger set of brakes. Whenever I have talked with Baer (and looked up on their site) about if slotted and/or drilled helped create shorter stopping distances they have always told me that it is more cosmetic now than functional.

Personally, I might get slotted for my next brakes just because they do help (can not remember the offical term, but they basically clean the pads). Drilled to me just have no use (older pads they would help with the gases, but brake pads are no longer made with the same materials and do not require this).
    No worries. I will eventually do a complete brake conversion in the fronts, but the time being Just will get OEM replacements. You can still recommend a full kit though. I am still researching stuff. But I think I am leaning towards the slotted type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information