Thread: side exahust

quicky06

side exahust

has anyone ever seen side exauhst. im thinkin abour doin it to my v6 when u replace the headers. just put a bullet on right behind the cat( i still wanna keep the cats well i want to keep them in there for inspection and then put a pipe in its place when i dont need em) and then just run the pipe out through the bodykit in front of the rear wheels

what you think?

NBM
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by quicky06
    has anyone ever seen side exauhst. im thinkin abour doin it to my v6 when u replace the headers. just put a bullet on right behind the cat( i still wanna keep the cats well i want to keep them in there for inspection and then put a pipe in its place when i dont need em) and then just run the pipe out through the bodykit in front of the rear wheels

what you think?
    as soon as i get my headers put on...this guy is custom makin me some true duals...catless...2 1/2 inch piping..the fact for i wont have any cats (what he recommends) insted of 3"...goin X-pipe with magnaflows...and comin out the sides infront of the rears..with Z28 style tips(stainless steel)...total cost of the setup is $460...i'm gettin some O2 simulators to fool the computer sayin i have cats...one of my buddies has some on his exhaust...said they work great..he hasen't had any codes come up...i say just think about it for awhile to make sure thats what u really want...u don't want to waste the money if u really don't know if u'll like it or not....thats what i've done...but i'm still waitin to put the headers on....it'll look hot though...the guy that is doin mine has done it before on another trans am...he said it looked good....hope this helps out some

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Should work fine, especially with "flat" tips for clearance. I'd use the NASCAR-style side exhuast tips. They blend with the body real well.

One of my friends put headers, x-pipe, and dual side exhaust on his 96 v6 camaro, that thing was loud.

quicky06
    i don not plan on running straight pipes

my nieghbors already cll my parents yellin cuz i wake em up at an idle

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Sounds great and all nd I've seen some pics where it looks decent but the only problem I have is this.......It leaves the exhaust trays in the rear bumper of your car empty, and that irks me visually. I think it looks stupid in the rear with no pipes coming out. I like the idea of it though

NBM
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Sounds great and all nd I've seen some pics where it looks decent but the only problem I have is this.......It leaves the exhaust trays in the rear bumper of your car empty, and that irks me visually. I think it looks stupid in the rear with no pipes coming out. I like the idea of it though
    even if u go with dumped exhaust u wont have any tips in the back...i've been thinkin about it hard...tryin to look at the back of my car and picture what it would look like without any tips...asked plenty of my friends...one of them even said that the way the trans am bumpers are made..it'll look like they are air dams...but its something that is opinionated....it'll make people think for sure

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I've seen pics and man I just hate it. My mind knows tailpipes are missing and it just looks out of place to me when nothing is in those trays. Good luck post up pics if you can

I've seen pics and man I just hate it. My mind knows tailpipes are missing and it just looks out of place to me when nothing is in those trays. Good luck post up pics if you can
    Thats how I feel about people running true duals who do dumps, they did it the cheap way, but with a little bit of body work, some side exhaust would look pretty bad ass

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Would you like it better if those "trays" were filled in with good bodywork, so they appear to never have been there? Of course, that's gonna cost more, but if you're going with the change, might as well do it right. With my Camaros, there are no "trays" back there, so it wouldn't be an issue.

For me, I'd take side exhuast over the dump before the axle any day. The dump is too rednecky for me and I couldn't take the increased sound and fumes inside.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    Thats how I feel about people running true duals who do dumps, they did it the cheap way, but with a little bit of body work, some side exhaust would look pretty bad ass
    It's not done "cheap", it's done for max power.

"cheap" in the sence they didn't have the cash to go out the back, I understand for just a drag car, you even get weight savings from running it all the way back. But for a daily driver it's to much IMO

does anyone have any pics, ive never seen sidepipes on a t/a i bet it's kickass

Thread Information