Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sick of the LM

This is a discussion on sick of the LM within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 yeah headers and cam I have pretty much the same mods as you (minus the 92/92). ...

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    yeah headers and cam
    I have pretty much the same mods as you (minus the 92/92). I'm running the LM1 right now, but want to change out my "muffler" to the magnaflow. Did you do the same and make the magnamouth, or did you get an entire cat-back magnaflow? Can you post up a sound vid?

black
    1998 camaro

got my magnaflow put on today, holy shit what a difference. so deep and rich sounding its great
    Which magnaflow specificly did you put on? I have to do this soon. Thanks

2000 Camaro B4C

not sure what one it is, i know its the whole exhaust though....i would check more for ya or take a pic but the car is buttoned up for the winter in the barn with 2 feet of snow around the barn doors
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    I have pretty much the same mods as you (minus the 92/92). I'm running the LM1 right now, but want to change out my "muffler" to the magnaflow. Did you do the same and make the magnamouth, or did you get an entire cat-back magnaflow? Can you post up a sound vid?
    i did run the magnamouth for a day and wasnt happy with the fitment of the piping for the i-pipe so i changed it out for the whole magnaflow

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

am i really the only person who actually likes the sound of the lm1? ive had it on my car now for like 2 years now, and even got the slp headers for it(which i hate cause of the clearance issues) but other than that i think the set up sounds amazing. ive never really heard any of the rasp that ppl talk about. or maybe im just used to the noise. personally i love the sound of my car, and at wot its just amazing because it turns into a roar. hell i scared the shit out of my friend the other day when i punched it getting onto the highway. he said outta nowhere the car just got crazy loud (wot) and sounded like we were going 100+ mph. really all i did was kick it from 30 to 70ish. but then again im used to the noise i guess. and i dont think theres a day where i dont set off at least 1 car alarm. and most of the time im going slow to do that. my buddy with a g35 got scared of the car when i let him here the engine rev to 4k. but to each his own as they say. i just wish i had some different headers, those speed bumps are a pain in my ass
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

2000 Camaro B4C

oh dont get me wrong i loved the sound of my LM with just headers, but once the cam was in there was just no way i could keep it. Also mine is a semi-dd so it gets a lot of road time and it was damn loud, i was basically asking for a ticket. But also you have cats on your car which i have heard will eliminate some of the rasp and tone it down a bit. but like you said to each his own.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    am i really the only person who actually likes the sound of the lm1? ive had it on my car now for like 2 years now, and even got the slp headers for it(which i hate cause of the clearance issues) but other than that i think the set up sounds amazing. ive never really heard any of the rasp that ppl talk about. or maybe im just used to the noise. personally i love the sound of my car, and at wot its just amazing because it turns into a roar. hell i scared the shit out of my friend the other day when i punched it getting onto the highway. he said outta nowhere the car just got crazy loud (wot) and sounded like we were going 100+ mph. really all i did was kick it from 30 to 70ish. but then again im used to the noise i guess. and i dont think theres a day where i dont set off at least 1 car alarm. and most of the time im going slow to do that. my buddy with a g35 got scared of the car when i let him here the engine rev to 4k. but to each his own as they say. i just wish i had some different headers, those speed bumps are a pain in my ass
    SiggyZ on here loves it. Thats about it though.

Red
    98 Trans Am

makes me glad i didnt go the LM route. Im gonna put some high flow cats to see how my tone will go. I have a Flowmaster muffler on right now, but an ORY going into the flowmaster doesnt sound too hot. im debating on getting a Magnaflow muffler, but first im gonna see what happen with HF cats. I got a little rasp inbetween 1000-1400ish RPM and then smoothes out but Id like that normal operating range to be a little smoother. But at Wide open I love it. Sounds mean. Idles has a nice rumble. A bit of drone but nothing im not use to
    If i could learn how to do a sound bit on here id post that up

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The Loudmouth sounds fine on its own. Even with headers, assuming you still have cats, its tolerable. Once you add long tubes and remove the cats, it becomes obnoxiously loud, unbearable and similar in sound to a dump truck, a garbage truck, or a farm truck.

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol ^^^^^^^

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The Loudmouth sounds fine on its own. Even with headers, assuming you still have cats, its tolerable. Once you add long tubes and remove the cats, it becomes obnoxiously loud, unbearable and similar in sound to a dump truck, a garbage truck, or a farm truck.
    yeah defiantly not something that most people hope for

Red
    98 Trans Am

Oh come on, you can sound like Optimus Prime rolling in lol
    I new this guy that did an SLP system on his mustang... just as raspy if not worse.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

i had half my y pipe disconnect one time and i had open headers for a little while till it got fixed. i loved the sound

Impounded
    01 Trans am

i had a lm1 on my car.... for about an hour and the threw my buddies lm2 on for about 10 mins and finally went with the borla mouth set up lol I have lsxtreme headers and a ory i put on a lil while ago and it def woke up the borla. On my ls2 procharged drag car I have the same headers but they did some cool custom shit to them for me like the collectors are 1 1/2 foot long and dumped and some other stuff and it sounds amazing... if only I could get away with driving it on the streets

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

oh dont get me wrong i loved the sound of my LM with just headers, but once the cam was in there was just no way i could keep it. Also mine is a semi-dd so it gets a lot of road time and it was damn loud, i was basically asking for a ticket. But also you have cats on your car which i have heard will eliminate some of the rasp and tone it down a bit. but like you said to each his own.
    I totally agree. Once I got my cam in, the LM had to go!

2000 Camaro B4C

I totally agree. Once I got my cam in, the LM had to go!
    all stock with a LM is by far a great sound, hence why its so popular. Once people realize how to make power the loudmouth tends to dissapear.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    i had half my y pipe disconnect one time and i had open headers for a little while till it got fixed. i loved the sound
    that sound is awesome, loud as hell but awesome. its the lm that really makes it sound bad not the car itself with the headders and y

black
    1998 Camaro SS

I had the lm1 on my 98 ss and when i put LTs with ORY on it HOLY CRAP was it loud and really annoying. i just replaced the muffler with a magnaflow and it sounds really nice

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

all stock with a LM is by far a great sound, hence why its so popular. Once people realize how to make power the loudmouth tends to dissapear.
    Yep. I replaced mine with a bullet muffler. Sounds awesome now

2000 Camaro B4C

Yep. I replaced mine with a bullet muffler. Sounds awesome now
    what bullet is it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information