Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shaner Polished TB's

This is a discussion on Shaner Polished TB's within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I had one of Shaner's throttle bodies put on my Camaro. Great guy, and I was able to go to ...

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I had one of Shaner's throttle bodies put on my Camaro. Great guy, and I was able to go to his house and quickly make the swap. Unfortunately, with my car it did not help any. Even tested it out with a dyno and it was within 2 RWHP from the last time my car was on the dyno (though that was right about a year ago, but same dyno).

There was a very good reason though for getting a different throttle body, mostly me being to lazy to clean my stocker up. Here is a pick showing his work and the difference between what I was running and the new one. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pick.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

While your peak HP may have only increased slightly, your throttle response has to be better with the ported TB.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    Depends on how good your hand-eye coordination is. And it's a good way to work on it while also improving your toy's performance.
    i didnt do any filling in the idle area, but i think il get some JBweld and do it later when i have some free time
    .....if my computer was running at 100% i would have taken picks and posted them

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    While your peak HP may have only increased slightly, your throttle response has to be better with the ported TB.
    For me there was not much difference that I could notice. I mostly just wanted to have a clean throttle body.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I know him personally and have been to his house many times. Watch out for those dogs of his. I think he feeds them people.
    Anyway he does top notch work right out of his garage. Good guy. Lives next to the GM plant in Arlington, Texas.
    LOL Sarge!!! i've been there too!!!! his dogs are a trip! ole mark, messy garage, good lookin z28 he has tho! he did mine for me and i really recommend his work, he does the bump stop mod when he does the p&p

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

The Shaner port job is quality work. One of our sponsors, New Era Performance does it as well and has a very competitive price (check out there website or simply give them a call).

I had mine ported by Vengeance and on my "bolt on" setup, it seemed like a worthwhile mod. I've since changed my setup and went with a ported 92 mm TB mounted to a ported FAST 92 intake.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I know him personally and have been to his house many times. Watch out for those dogs of his. I think he feeds them people.
    Anyway he does top notch work right out of his garage. Good guy. Lives next to the GM plant in Arlington, Texas.
    Is there anybody Sarge doesn't know?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

CHRISTMAS SALE 100 bucks Ported TB satin finish

Mark is a great guy, talked with him on the phone for 15 minutes, great service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information