bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

royal purple/header questions???

two totally unrelated questions, first my car has 115,000+ miles on it. I have had it since 61,000 and i bought it from an older guy who i'm pretty sure took good care of it, as have i since i've had it. Now I was thinking about switching to royal purple oil, but I'm not sure if I should based on the mileage and since the last car I had, an 86 iroc with 120k, developed a misfire for some reason after i switched to synthetic. Now was that just a coincidence is do I have reason for my concern? Second I want to buy a set of headers and wanted to know if ceramic coating is absolutely necessary cause it just about doubles the cost. Is there a cheaper way to keep underhood temps down and not burn my plug wires?

my car is a 93 z28 a4 hooker catback, qtp cutout, k&n cai, vortec elbow, high flow cat, tb bypass, tb airfoil, rk sport ss hood

Silver
    1999 Chevy Camaro Convert

I've been running royal purple since my car had 69,000 miles on it when I first got it. I now have 100,000 just rolled it over no problems at all. I would say from experience it is one of the best oils you can run. You will not see problems from using this oil vs. any other. As far as ceramic headers go the pros are it keeps the engine heat down, the exhaust gases flow better in turn, adding performance, and it won't rust. The cons are it does cost more. I'm running longtube painted headers from pacesetter and I don't have any problems with them burning my wires or anything else under the hood. I didn't do anything to them to keep the heat down, but you can use header wrap I've heard that works well. There's also header paint in a spray can that can work if it is cured properly there are specific directions on how to make sure its cured properly not difficult either just takes starting the engine and letting it run for different time intervals. A lot of people use it and its not effective becuase they didn't follow instructions. Good Luck keep us posted!

Thread Information