Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The right exhaust system for my LS1

This is a discussion on The right exhaust system for my LS1 within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just received my Kooks headers and there is a side on the package box that is busted, and when ...

Onyx Black
    00' Z-28

I just received my Kooks headers and there is a side on the package box that is busted, and when I felt the hole it was right by the end of a header. So I took that header out and at the end of the collector there was a scuff, and the end has a out of round shape with a slight inward depression. The company manager told me supposedly that it will be fine even though I'm not satisfied with the money I have spent. Does anyone know if the out of round shape will give problems later on with leaks or problems with the slip fit? Right on.

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

i actually dropped my header when trying to install it and yes u will have to reshape it a bit cus the header is ment to slip in tight ot the y

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

especially if ur not welding anythign together u will have a leak even witht he slightest indention may not be much

red
    99 camaro

Go to orileys and rent a taillpipe expander and use it to get the round shape back to the header collecter. Works perfectly, trust me...

Red
    2002 SS #5201

Onyx Black
    00' Z-28

I actually had to exchange the headers because they gave me the wrong one's without the EGR/AIR, so I hope these new ones coming in are packaged correctly. Now I have to patiently wait for the new headers, damn thats hard.

Onyx Black
    00' Z-28

Wassup guys, got a question. After a couple of days with one jack, four jack stands, and no power tools I finally finished the install on the passenger side header. They are Kooks long tubes. Afterwards I just saw that the header is right next to, and almost touching the K-member front subframe. If I leave it I know that it has a good chance of rubbing against and hitting the header, damaging the header, and making a leak in the header. Has anyone else had this type of problem? My friend who helped me install the header advises that we bash the K-member a little bit so it won't be that close to the header. Anyone know the best thing to do at this point? Thanks.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

grind down the kmember a bit
    Don't know what you chose as far as exhaust but if you want loud mean and throaty, go true duals with dual flowmaster single chambers.

Onyx Black
    00' Z-28

Actually I am going true duals with spintech super pro street, I had flowmaster before and I just want to change it up. I will grind down the k-member on both sides because I tried to slide the driver side through and it didn't happen for me. The camaro doesn't give enough room to work, very tight spaces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information