Artic white
    2001 Trans am

regret having the lm2

Im about ready to blow a freaking gasket. first off i dont know why i got the damn exhaust liked it at first but to much drone and not enough rumble. and second i dont know if its the exhaust system or if the guys that installed it installed it wrong. but at first it started as a little raddle then after a while it became a freaking high pitched raddle and it drives me nuts because i'll at a stop light and then bam there goes that horrific high pitched raddle. i've looked to see what might be causeing that but i cant seem to find it it seems like everything clear. the thing is i dont have the money right now to get the maganflow system i have to swap it out with so what should i do. it is making me------>'s

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Take it back to the guys that instailed it, Or get it up in the air and check the hangers to ensure they are tight, Make sure none of the bolts have come loose. If you still cant find anything have someone get in the car and start it up and listen for the "rattle" and pin point its location, may not be your exhaust. You said it does it alot while idle'ing so it should be easy to pinpoint, then post your findings and we will hook you up with some solutions.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

It shouldn't rattle at all. I installed mine about 12,000 miles ago on the ground in the dark and I never had a bit of rattle out of it. Bring it back and have them adjust it. I also drive mine 100 highway miles a day and the drone is not bad at all IMO. 10 times better than the LM1 or my old Mustang GT with Flowmaster 40's and I have LT's and ORY.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i listened for it today out side of the car during idle. but i could really pin point where its comeing from it seems like its coming from where it comes over the axle. another thing i noticed when i shut my door it gave me a little raddle( squick) so im thinking its the hangers. im going to take it in to the shop tomorrow thanks for all the help though guys. im about to get LT's put on so hopefully i get a better sound out of this LM2 system.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Oh yeah, get ready for a LOT more sound with your LTs! Didn't think you could do that in Cali?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

crawl under the car and kick the exhaust. see if the hangers or loose

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Where it goes over the axel is a major problem area. It took me about 35 minutes of tightening/loosening hangers just to get the 1/4 gap from any other part in the area. I guarentee you the shop that installed it did not do that. Definiteley rubbing something. Just hope it isn;t welded or you are screwed.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Where it goes over the axel is a major problem area. It took me about 35 minutes of tightening/loosening hangers just to get the 1/4 gap from any other part in the area. I guarentee you the shop that installed it did not do that. Definiteley rubbing something. Just hope it isn;t welded or you are screwed.
    yea it is welded i knew i shouldnt of welded it. damn. it is driving me crazy. im about to sell it for 300 bucks so hopefully some one will buy it so i can get my magnaflow.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Oh yeah, get ready for a LOT more sound with your LTs! Didn't think you could do that in Cali?
    i dont tihnk so either but ima do it anyways. hehehe

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

get rid of it and get the magnaflow catback...i've had mine for a about 3000 miles and its perfect...i installed it myself too and it was easy as hell...i'm also doing LTs soon...hopefully this month and no its not legal here in cali but i don't care imma do it anyways..i'll pay a friend to smog it for me

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Shove a piece of rubber hose between the I pipe and the body up over the axel. Problem solved.

Thread Information