Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Random Technology Cats and Y-Pipe Data

So I had fitment issues at first,,Caused by me,,,I ended up sticking some items in between the larger y-pipe and floow pan areas,,,then tightened up all the nuts and bolts and said a prayer,,,

In the end the install of the new random tech cat and y-pipe combo was awesome,,I went from stock ypipe and cats to there hi flow cats and ypipe combo,,,the install took 1 hour,,cut my self in the act,,,I always bleed for my baby,,no loss,,,

When I fired it up...i new all fitment issues were resolved,,,and the sound is so much better,,,

And the Loundmouth exhuast I had on previous (which had some harmonic vibrations at 2 diff rpms) was not gone,,,now it growls from idle all the way to 6k range,,,and it passed california smog test,,,the data was so much better then the stock smog pass print outs,,I collected then over the years of owning my camaro,,,I can say this,,

If you wnat hi flow cats cuz u need to have them for the laws or cuz your love the environment,,then random tech hi flow cats are the way to go..,,,,

black
    1999 camaro SS

here ever you went to get your smog check, make sure you keep going to that guy because if any other smog shop saw those cats theyd pull out their little mirror on a stick and start looking for a carb # and they would not find one.

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    here ever you went to get your smog check, make sure you keep going to that guy because if any other smog shop saw those cats theyd pull out their little mirror on a stick and start looking for a carb # and they would not find one.

Placing a valid current CARB number on mine will be easy. Use steady hands when ingraving the number and thats is. But,so far all the california smog shops I have taken my past cars and this camaro have never looked for the number on the cats, In all cases they stick the sniffers in the tail pipe, then they look under neath to see if its a 1 or 2 cat pipe system (to see if they need 1 sniffer in each tail pipe or just 1) due to duals or a ypipe sytem. The smog tech seemed to take more time seeing if a PCV was installed and no other EGR pipes were modified. BUT I am going to get out my profesional enraving tool out and with steady hands shall ingrave the proper data onto the cats.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

How much did this random tech set up cost??????

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Sorry you guys live in Cali!!! Here in Zona' all they do is check for an SES light. That's it!! AND your good for 2 years!

Is there ANY LT system that's legal and passes Cali smog??? If not that's tuff.........

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    How much did this random tech set up cost??????
    mine was 600.00 4 years ago..........i pretty much have had the same result with the exception of kicking on the ses light for the back 02 because of the increased flow

Thread Information