Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Ram Air system?

This is a discussion on Ram Air system? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Fast toys has a ram air system that I just found for my car( 98 ls1 a4 camaro) and i ...

  1. #1
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    Ram Air system?

    Fast toys has a ram air system that I just found for my car( 98 ls1 a4 camaro) and i was wondering if anyone has had this system and what they thought?

    Im also afraid of hydrolock if anyone has info on hydorlocking that could help make my decision easier that would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28


  3. #3
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Okay my friend, I read every word of the ad!
    I do not know anything about the system but from what I read.

    It does sound like a nice system, Fast Toys do make some good stuff I have
    heard.

    The hydro lock worry would probably only come into play if it was pouring
    cats and dogs with you hitting big big puddles... there comments on the
    cooling issues might concern me more!

    I wish the were better/full photos!

  4. #4
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    haha yea i know better pics would be nice. im just lookin for something that would give me a quick et boost for that price. theres an event around here called the high school shoot out at our track and im a senior so id deff. like to up my et before i go back.

    since the last time i went i did intake lid and slp loudmouth i also built my torque for my grad project and im hoping with that ram air system and everything else ive listed i can knock 3 tens off my et

    so what would u say about the system? im just undesided ( and scared to death of hydrolock)

  5. #5
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    its a good kit that seals well, but if your worried about h2olocking, you pry shouldnt be, even what little water would get that far (with de-baffled hoods) is going to probably fall out in a crack here or there, IE i have volant and a debaffled hood, i can drive all day in rain, and pop the hood and everything is still dry.....

  6. #6
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    haha yea i know better pics would be nice. im just lookin for something that would give me a quick et boost for that price. theres an event around here called the high school shoot out at our track and im a senior so id deff. like to up my et before i go back.

    since the last time i went i did intake lid and slp loudmouth i also built my torque for my grad project and im hoping with that ram air system and everything else ive listed i can knock 3 tens off my et

    so what would u say about the system? im just undesided ( and scared to death of hydrolock)
    Just be carful around big puddles on those big rainy times... that is a long
    way for rain to travel! Sounds almost impossible?

  7. #7
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    Just be carful around big puddles on those big rainy times... that is a long
    way for rain to travel! Sounds almost impossible?
    'Bert, not all of us go mud bogging in our cars like you do.....



    muahahahaha

  8. #8
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    'Bert, not all of us go mud bogging in our cars like you do.....



    muahahahaha
    Damm it has only seen the rain a few times... I am afraid it will rain on the 24/25/26th.

    Give me a break, oh that is right... U will never get one from me!!!

  9. #9
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    so u guys feel im pretty say? do u think ill see a good gain?

  10. #10
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    so u guys feel im pretty say? do u think ill see a good gain?
    I felt a small dif in just installing my K&N filter in my SS with the stock
    ram air hood... so it will help! It is all about getting air in and air out.

  11. #11
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    alright thanks guys these forums have always been helpful to me

  12. #12
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    its a good kit that seals well, but if your worried about h2olocking, you pry shouldnt be, even what little water would get that far (with de-baffled hoods) is going to probably fall out in a crack here or there, IE i have volant and a debaffled hood, i can drive all day in rain, and pop the hood and everything is still dry.....
    + 1
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  13. #13
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    Just be carful around big puddles on those big rainy times... that is a long
    way for rain to travel! Sounds almost impossible?
    I agree with Bert, but it has happened in the past! Just my .02 from another Bert!
    Last edited by BADASS2000SS; 04-11-2009 at 10:25 PM.

  14. #14
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    so u guys feel im pretty say? do u think ill see a good gain?
    yea id say your very safe in all honesty, and with the kit your looking into, you going to see your biggest change in hiway MPG, what little you do feel after install is all in the elusive but dyno, but you wont see the benefits of the kit till you get building some speed....

  15. #15
    Member noxside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K3, Illinois
    Posts
    240

    Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

    Ive got the supersucker ram air system on my 02 t/a ws6, never had an issue with water.

  16. #16
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    alright one more thing... since the last time i was at the track ive added intake lid slp loudmouth and my own torque arm based off the spohn performance design... i base lined the car at 13.6 do u guys think that with this ram air kit and everything listed i can go down to a 13.3?

  17. #17
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    should be close, If your a good fabricator, (made your torque arm) I would also make some boxed Lower control arms, that will really stiffen your suspension up for a launch and then i would say that yea you probably will have shaved 3 tenths off.... might also look into the free mods too....

  18. #18
    Member AB'sLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    lititz, PA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    228

    red
    1998 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    should be close, If your a good fabricator, (made your torque arm) I would also make some boxed Lower control arms, that will really stiffen your suspension up for a launch and then i would say that yea you probably will have shaved 3 tenths off.... might also look into the free mods too....
    tubular control arms where the one of the frist things i put on the car haha

    what r the free mods and how r they done?

  19. #19
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    tubular control arms where the one of the frist things i put on the car haha

    what r the free mods and how r they done?

    biggest thing is the search is your friend with these.... but ill list some...

    Throttle body bypass... rerouting the coolant lines from going through the throttle body,

    Porting your TB, some let other do it but not hard if you take your time...

    porting your MAF, some frown on this and say dont do it, but i did it and havent had a problem with it...

    lower airbox mod, cutting a chunk out of the lower airbox so that some of the air that comes up in front of the radiator can enter the filter too giving more breathing room,

    smooth bellows- 5dollar sewer coupler from home depo or wherever

    those are the ones that come to mind, im sure im missing a couple.... but thats a good start...

  20. #20
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I have had the FastToysRamAir for 5 years now, hit one puddle big enough to hydro plane my car into a rail but didn't do shit to the motor. It also comes with a block off plate that installs with two screws for extreme rain. I love the kit, never had a issue with it as far as temps or water. Main problem is get a K&N or some type of air filter that is re-usable because that system will get them FILTHY in very short miles. I clean mine about every oil change........Thats how fast and dirty it gets
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

    Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

    Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 08:09 AM
  2. Nos Nitrous System #05177-nos 98-02 Ls1 Dry System
    By KIXASS in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 10:56 AM
  3. system help!
    By NE98LS1 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
  4. I need a new System
    By Wesman in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM
  5. help me put together a system
    By shift_down in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 04:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •