Black
    1999 WS6 Conv.

Ram Air & Dyno #'s

I will be getting a tune & dyno soon, and was wondering do the tourqe & horsepower numbers change ( increase) when we are rolling say 40 mph or more. I am thinking that the Ram Air should play some role in that.

What I am asking is " are our numbers higher when on the street than the dyno shows.?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by NitrOmm View Post
    I will be getting a tune & dyno soon, and was wondering do the tourqe & horsepower numbers change ( increase) when we are rolling say 40 mph or more. I am thinking that the Ram Air should play some role in that.

What I am asking is " are our numbers higher when on the street than the dyno shows.?
    Ram air is worthless on the dyno but with a ram air kit that actually seals the airbox and at higher speed there has been a lot of testing done. Im like 99 percent sure but our new sponsor fast toys has them on their site.(kit and charts) It will show an ET gain on the strip as well.

It does work at the track. I've played with it on my 70 formula ram air as well as both of our 4th gen SS camaro's.

My formula has a much more effective setup much like the WS6's of today. I saw much more drastic results with this car.

On the SS camaro's it wasn't as much of a change but blocking it off does slow the car just a pinch.

Ram Air

A SEALED ram air kit will definitely improve your performance at the track but you will not see any improvement on the dyno since the car is stationary.

We typically see 2 tenths and 1-1.5 MPH in the quarter mile with our FTRA. That kit can be installed on any 98-02 Camaro/Firebird LS1 or V6.

We also have the JAAM WS6 ram air kit (which is obviously only for WS6 cars), which seals the factory hood to the air box for increased performance. It works really well and there are performance details on our site as well as some good pictures.
    Fast Toys Performance Parts
    Low pricing & honest customer service since 1998!

Email:sales@fasttoys.net
    Web: www.fasttoys.net

Bright Red
    2002 Trans Am

when you have the FTRA, yo want to seal under your lid, infront of the lid and under the radiator support. That way it will all be pressureized

Thread Information