question about slowmaster..

This is a discussion on question about slowmaster.. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Okay here is the question...I have most boltons besides heads and cam..I do have a pcmforless tune also,,,my biggest mod ...

sunfire yellow
    1993 trans am

question about slowmaster..

Okay here is the question...I have most boltons besides heads and cam..I do have a pcmforless tune also,,,my biggest mod is pacesetter longtubes.., I don't have a cat,egr,air...I had a magnaflow muffler on it, but for some reason after the header install, it blew a hole in the muffler, so I put on a flowmaster muffler,,how many horses is this costing me over the magnaflow? I only dynoe'd 265hp. and 302 tq. but I was alittle rich, I fixed the problem, by getting a afpr, because I put a walbro pump in, and was idling 42lbs. fuel press. at idle, got it down to 38lbs, and had alvin at pcmforless lean me out alittle...It felt stronger when I had the magnaflow on, I kept up with a 2000 ss. on the highway, from 60mph. he jumped ahead a car, but could not pull anymore up to 130, then we shut down...he had a 6-speed though, anyway I never dynoed with the magnaflow, I am just curious should I go back to the magnaflow, or hooker muffler, could I gain 10rwhp. by changing the muffler, and is eldelbrock also a pretty good free flowing muffler...thanks..

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    n/w chicago

2000 nhra edition formula

i would get a hooker muffler. youll gain a few in h.p.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information