Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

question about exhaust

This is a discussion on question about exhaust within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS It is said in here all over the place. M6 will create more shock and stress ...

Black
    1999 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It is said in here all over the place. M6 will create more shock and stress going to the rear end than an A4 will. The 9" is stronger than the 12 bolt and this is why people say go with the 9" if you are M6.

Both rear ends cost about the same at the end of the day so why not just go with the strongest one available?

And, I have known more than one person who has broken a 12 bolt before. I have yet to run into one person who has broken a 9".....so the statement you make of a 12 bolt holding up is not 100% true.

I guess it depends on what amount of power you are talking about. If you plan on making 375whp, then yes, a 12 bolt will suit your needs great. If you plan on making 500whp+, then I would go with a 9".
    I am definitely aware there is more parasitic loss though an auto rather than a manual, therefore, like you stated, there is a larger "shock" to the drivetrain with a stick. Very good info to have.

Your reply made me curious what kinda of HP/Torque the 12 Bolt is rated to withstand. I searched around for a little while, and didn't ever find an official number, but I did come across this. And it presently has me reconsidering my choice.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/gears-...s-12-bolt.html

Check out post #8. The desciption of the Wavetrac, has be thinking it may be what I'm looking for. Cool, stuff.

Thanks alot for your comment. It's always good to have another point of view when making a decision. Good call, man.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    I am definitely aware there is more parasitic loss though an auto rather than a manual, therefore, like you stated, there is a larger "shock" to the drivetrain with a stick. Very good info to have.

Your reply made me curious what kinda of HP/Torque the 12 Bolt is rated to withstand. I searched around for a little while, and didn't ever find an official number, but I did come across this. And it presently has me reconsidering my choice.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/gears-...s-12-bolt.html

Check out post #8. The desciption of the Wavetrac, has be thinking it may be what I'm looking for. Cool, stuff.

Thanks alot for your comment. It's always good to have another point of view when making a decision. Good call, man.
    Yes. The Wavetrac is new from Moser and supposed to be one hell of a monster. I was discussing this with Bob at EPP the last time I was out there last weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information