Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question about Bosch 13111's

This is a discussion on Question about Bosch 13111's within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; get a tune...that cam will idle and drive great once you do....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

get a tune...that cam will idle and drive great once you do.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Basically the acceleration is not as SMOOTH as it was........

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    get a tune...that cam will idle and drive great once you do.
    YEP.........two weeks away!!!!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

SOMEBODY give my ride a tune!!! Free of charge would be nice.....

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'v used the Bosch 02 on all my cars as a factory replacement they are prolly not the same numbers as you lsx guys but all the same I've never had trouble with them in a stock application so I'll keep using them for stock and will use them for moded cars too in the future.. Just my .02..

Ps. yup that Orion guy is pretty cool even though he resides in Ohia.. J/K
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

I did Lts with an LS6 intake and ran extensions. I reused the stock o2 sensors and got a mail order tune by frost. Well my check engine light came back on real quick and I swapped the extensions for the 13111's and have had them for about a month now with no problems. 13111's ftw!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    I did Lts with an LS6 intake and ran extensions. I reused the stock o2 sensors and got a mail order tune by frost. Well my check engine light came back on real quick and I swapped the extensions for the 13111's and have had them for about a month now with no problems. 13111's ftw!!
    what was your code and did you use pre-made extensions or did you just extend the harness? The reason I ask is I've never really heard of pre-made extensions giving anyone any problems but I have heard of the home made versions giving people problems.

If we get enough good solid info in this thread I'll clean the thread up of the chit chat and stick it as a sensor feedback thread.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    what was your code and did you use pre-made extensions or did you just extend the harness? The reason I ask is I've never really heard of pre-made extensions giving anyone any problems but I have heard of the home made versions giving people problems.

If we get enough good solid info in this thread I'll clean the thread up of the chit chat and stick it as a sensor feedback thread.
    Same here...

OP, a home fabbed pig tail would have to be made exactly right for it to function properly.. Just doing the old twist and tape or wire nut, even soldering the wires could just invite an issue imho.. o2's tend to be sensitive/picky about cutting and splicing.
    One could find them selves going in circles tracking down a minor resistance issue with sliced 02's.. Could serve to throw off or create irratic afr's which means could be a pita to get her tune inline.. I've seen it done and have seen it work out good but I've also seen 02's pretty much rendered inop because of a home made pig tail.. If you must make one I'd go to a car audio shop and pick up some 24k pins and slots and replace the old ones in the connectors be sure to use quality wire with no breaks in the lengths.. All wires should be of equal length as well.
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-15-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

just put in the bosch 13111's. Fit great. A little long, had to loop the passenger side a couple times and zip it to the trans lines but other than that, they are great. On the other hand the length came in handy on the driver side where I could run it around the bell housing and zip the wires together so they are all nice and neat and away from the new headers. cars running with no SES light on yet even without cat lol for now lol

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    just put in the bosch 13111's. Fit great. A little long, had to loop the passenger side a couple times and zip it to the trans lines but other than that, they are great. On the other hand the length came in handy on the driver side where I could run it around the bell housing and zip the wires together so they are all nice and neat and away from the new headers. cars running with no SES light on yet even without cat lol for now lol

Did the same. Went across the front of the transmission pan and up the passenger side of the motor on the trans cooler lines and over the crossmember back to the driver side. The length was perfect and kept the wiring completely away from the headers.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Absolutly! I did that exactly It just seemed like th eright thing to do lol. But yeah, they snap and screw right in there. No prob at all. They even come with a dab of antisieze on the thread (I put a little more on for good measure). Now thats looking out for the customer. After doing this, i dont know why people would do the extensions and O2s when you can get them in one pre-packaged piece. Got mine off eaby for both under $100. brand new in the box!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Absolutly! I did that exactly It just seemed like th eright thing to do lol. But yeah, they snap and screw right in there. No prob at all. They even come with a dab of antisieze on the thread (I put a little more on for good measure). Now thats looking out for the customer. After doing this, i dont know why people would do the extensions and O2s when you can get them in one pre-packaged piece. Got mine off eaby for both under $100. brand new in the box!

That's a good price! Mine were $71 each at the Zone.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think people would save themselves some time and headache if they would just swap O2's when doing headers. It's a lesson I learned and I'm sure many more have also. The problem is normally people are cutting it close on funds so they're trying to save as much money as possible. I know when I bought my sensors it was $150 for the set....seems like the price of sensors has come down a tad since then or there's places online that sell them cheaper. I bought mine locally when I did mine.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Dude im a ebay hound. I sniff and sniff until i find a good deal. Everything i got right now was around $800's. Stainless Steel LT headers, ORY pipe, O2s, spark plugs. It was worth it in my opinon. I carfully looked for everything i needed. The biggest hurdle was the choice of headers. The OBX's are a GREAT bargain and are a really good quality. Even the EGR and AIR tubes are intact still.

black
    1998 camaro

Getting my arh headers in soon with extensions that come with them. Question is should I still get the 13111s or can I get the stock o2s?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 1badblkz View Post
    Getting my arh headers in soon with extensions that come with them. Question is should I still get the 13111s or can I get the stock o2s?
    How many miles on your stock O2's? May be time to relace them as their accuracy does degrade over time. The nice thing about the 13111's is that the longer harness allows for a very protected run of the driver side wiring. I have no personal experience, but there have apparently been issues for some people running the extensions.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

FWIW, my Bosch 13111's have been on for about 2-3 weeks now. Had my car tuned last week and have had no issues SINCE......I'll report any issues that come up......

black
    1998 camaro

The o2s on the car right now have 76k on them . I'm going to get new ones one way or the other. I was wondering if I still needed the 13111s or could use the stock 02s. Also , how much are they?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 1badblkz View Post
    The o2s on the car right now have 76k on them . I'm going to get new ones one way or the other. I was wondering if I still needed the 13111s or could use the stock 02s. Also , how much are they?

Frost, and others, recommended the 13111's over stock replacements. I bought mine at Autozone for around $71 each.

black
    1998 camaro

Ok , thanks. I was just trying to save some money as the arhs come with extensions. I called around though and it looks like there is 1$ difference between them. By the way , I called pep boys and the had three types of 13111s. Does anyone know any thing about that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information