Results 1 to 19 of 19

QTP Headers (Opinions)

This is a discussion on QTP Headers (Opinions) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm thinking about QTP Stainless Steel Headers (street style). I ran a few searches on here looking for opinions and/or ...

  1. #1
    VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio (Union county)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    92

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

    QTP Headers (Opinions)

    I'm thinking about QTP Stainless Steel Headers (street style). I ran a few searches on here looking for opinions and/or anyone that already had them. Didnt find anything so, if you have either I'd appreciate insight before I purchase. Is the velocity collector everything they claim or is it fluff to justify the cost.

  2. #2
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    I have a set of the QTP "race style" headers and have no complaints.
    The fit is excellent. I also have their electric cutout, which has been on for a couple of years and still works like it did on day 1.

  3. #3
    Junior Member z28camaross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    32

    red
    02 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    I have a set of the QTP "race style" headers and have no complaints.
    The fit is excellent. I also have their electric cutout, which has been on for a couple of years and still works like it did on day 1.
    did you have the E cutout welded in?

  4. #4
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
    did you have the E cutout welded in?
    Yes I did

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    10
    I'd recommend LPP stainless steal headers, fit perfect and are cheaper.

  6. #6
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by PewterTransAm View Post
    I'd recommend LPP stainless steal headers, fit perfect and are cheaper.
    I prefer steel over steal, steel will last longer: I prefer less expensive products over cheaper ones.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    I prefer steel over steal, steel will last longer: I prefer less expensive products over cheaper ones.
    Wow, calm down son this isn't school.

  8. #8
    "Car Builder" Musclecargt71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    166

    millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

    I just put a pair of QTP race headers on my 02 WS6. They fit good, look good. Ground clearance didn't look too bad. The passenger side header was a bit close to the K member but other than that they looked good. I also heard they will not be making them for a while since they are going to a new facility so you'll have to get them from someone who has a stock of them.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    272
    I've got QTP's and have had them for about 6 years now. No problems.
    Travis
    1992 25th Anniversary Heritage Edition RS Convert
    2002 35th Anniversary Limited Edition SS

  10. #10
    Senior Member NeeD4SpeeD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,720

    Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

    These are the specs on the QTP headers:

    Head Flanges: Port Matched 3/8” Stainless Steel
    Tubing Material: 304 Stainless Steel
    Finish: High Polished Finish
    Tubing: 16 Gauge .065
    Collector: High Velocity Turbulence Spike

    The tubing is as good as it gets, 304 is very good stainless steel and the polished headers is a nice added bonus. I don't know about the Turbulence Spike but guess it couldn't hurt....

  11. #11
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Do they still have the problems with the collectors leaking from not being fully welded? Only problem I ever heard of. Visually their race headers are the nicest looking I've seen, being polished and all. Their Y pipe sucks the anus tho.

  12. #12
    VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio (Union county)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    92

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

    are you talking about the y-pipe only by them or there pipe with mag cats and flowmaster collectors.

    Whats wrong with the y-pipe?

  13. #13
    Senior Member NeeD4SpeeD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,720

    Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Do they still have the problems with the collectors leaking from not being fully welded? Only problem I ever heard of. Visually their race headers are the nicest looking I've seen, being polished and all. Their Y pipe sucks the anus tho.
    Haven't heard much else about that... It was a problem at one point but i think it was addressed. All i know is that their moving so they haven't made some new headers in a while. Im personally waiting for this 1 7/8" headers for my new build because their polished look is un matched from what i've seen, they make good power and i like the rainbow welds!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A Addicted View Post
    are you talking about the y-pipe only by them or there pipe with mag cats and flowmaster collectors.

    Whats wrong with the y-pipe?
    It's huge and bulky under there, fit's like poo, also very raspy. Not stainless either. Evryone I know that had it hated it.

  15. #15
    VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio (Union county)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    92

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

    they're heeerrrrre

    All right guys I found the QTP Headers and got um. There here and ready to go on. Several of you stated their y-pipe is terrible. Soooooo what do you recommend for the y-pipe? I want cats as it will be my DD in the summer months. On alot of the sites I look at they have comments about certain y-pipes is only for _________ headers. Is there a specific brand that matches up to QTP better than others? Oh yeah I get the rainbow weld bit now. lol

  16. #16
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    It's huge and bulky under there, fit's like poo, also very raspy. Not stainless either. Evryone I know that had it hated it.
    this is true ...the situation has been addressed..i bought a used set of qtps..and they have that problem..not too bad tho. still tho..they are one of the best headers around.

  17. #17
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A Addicted View Post
    All right guys I found the QTP Headers and got um. There here and ready to go on. Several of you stated their y-pipe is terrible. Soooooo what do you recommend for the y-pipe? I want cats as it will be my DD in the summer months. On alot of the sites I look at they have comments about certain y-pipes is only for _________ headers. Is there a specific brand that matches up to QTP better than others? Oh yeah I get the rainbow weld bit now. lol
    custom.

  18. #18
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    this is true ...the situation has been addressed..i bought a used set of qtps..and they have that problem..not too bad tho. still tho..they are one of the best headers around.
    I agree they are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman
    custom.
    I agree here too. Had mine custom done, works great. I have found that most different manufacturers Y pipes are not interchangable unless you are going to mod/alter them slightly. Most compitant exhaust guys can do this tho.

  19. #19
    VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio (Union county)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    92

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

    Smile

    custom sounds good. I'm thinking getting my own cats and y collector and then taking that to an exhaust shop to have them fab it. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. mac mid headers or lt headers 2002 camaro with y pipe
    By chief98ls1 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
  2. Question: opinions please about Jet-hot Headers
    By 2000ls1tranz in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 07:32 AM
  3. Some opinions on these headers?
    By 01ws6er in forum External Engine
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
  5. Has Stainless Works Headers become the Top Headers of all?
    By Sunset T/A in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 07:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •