Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

pully mod?

This is a discussion on pully mod? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by stangslayer98 that pulley is real easy to change.....all you need is the puller tool which is free!!!!! ...

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98
    that pulley is real easy to change.....all you need is the puller tool which is free!!!!! then you need a breaker bar which is also free.....or you could use the big ratchet with a lead pipe......it helps if you got a manual car all you have to do is put it in six......really its not that bad of an install....took me longer to install the smooth bellow.... i had to cut it with a pocket knife so it would fit....
    Yeah those bellow are a pain in the a**. I had to trim mine up and cut an angle to get it to fit right.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    that was his problem, he didnt have time to keep the car down, it was his daily to begin with. and could you go for a week without a car??? when you live by yourself?? all im saying is yes he can learn, it will take time to do it. and you know what i mean by my example taking time to learn things and not having time to do it in.

and would you or wouldnt agree with me that with Labor and him replacing every pulley and belt it would be a grand???

that is how he explained it to me when he asked me first.
    lol I guess it's great to live in a small town. Sears is just 7 miles from me, Walmart 7.5, hardware store with just about every standard metric nut/bolt/screw, etc. known to man, less than 2 miles, Adv. Auto is just across that hardware store... I put my car up and use my bicycle, walk, or take the bus. And I only work 15 minutes from home... so I walk or take my bicycle again. $3.00+ for gas what? I never paid more than $2.75 and only filled up ten times over the summer (dyno & track) Anyway, good luck on that pulley.

Black
    99 SS

ok, since he has never worked on this before then im sure you will be glad to come over and help him??????????

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

z-boner, i got yer back anyday.

Somebody: his allegory to web design may have backfired, but it's a good case and point. When you sit at a computer and diddle with illustrator/photoshop/dreamweaver/flash, there is no potential to fuck up an engine. I'm quite sure that installing pulley's won't fuck up an engine, but i'm also sure that i can pay someone to do it for me and they'll do it right and clean. Last time i went wrenching into my engine it cost me $1500 to un-fuck it up.

kellie: damn you're fiesty!
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 12-06-2005 at 07:01 AM.

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

how did you manage to mess up.....

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98
    how did you manage to mess up.....
    thats a long and big story

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

let an LT1 guy work on it

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody09
    lol I guess it's great to live in a small town. Sears is just 7 miles from me, Walmart 7.5, hardware store with just about every standard metric nut/bolt/screw, etc. known to man, less than 2 miles, Adv. Auto is just across that hardware store... I put my car up and use my bicycle, walk, or take the bus. And I only work 15 minutes from home... so I walk or take my bicycle again. $3.00+ for gas what? I never paid more than $2.75 and only filled up ten times over the summer (dyno & track) Anyway, good luck on that pulley.
    You know what's about 3 miles from me? TSP, life is gooooood in Texas

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    You know what's about 3 miles from me? TSP, life is gooooood in Texas
    Convenient I must say

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign

z-boner, i got yer back anyday.

Somebody: his allegory to web design may have backfired, but it's a good case and point. When you sit at a computer and diddle with illustrator/photoshop/dreamweaver/flash, there is no potential to fuck up an engine. I'm quite sure that installing pulley's won't fuck up an engine, but i'm also sure that i can pay someone to do it for me and they'll do it right and clean. Last time i went wrenching into my engine it cost me $1500 to un-fuck it up.

kellie: damn you're fiesty!
    lol, good god. what did you do wrong?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information