white
    2001 pontiac trans am ws

pontiact trans am covertible ws 6

Hi Folks,
    New member here,I have 2001 pontiac trans am ws 6 package and would like to up grade the stock exhaust sytems with headers.Any suggestions which way to go with this and also is there a pillar pod made for this car?thank you Wayne Bratton Stoney Creek Ont.canada

Black
    2000 Z28 M6 Y3F

Since it sounds like your car is just a driver, I recommend Pacesetter ceramic coated long tubes. I would have a custom Y-pipe made with the Flowmaster merge. The Pacesetter Y-pipe is very raspy because of there merge.
    I actually used the Pacesetter 3" offroad y-pipe and had a muffler shop install the Flowmaster 3"-4" merge on it.,I went with that size merge because I have done H/C/I to my car,and I like to be heard

Flowmaster makes a 3"to 3 1/2" merge also.

white
    2001 pontiac trans am ws

Red face trans am exhaust

Just wanted to thank "Incbed for the info,much appreciated and will lok into your advice.Wayne bratton Stoney creek,ont.Canada

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

Depends what you like do u like really loud or do u wanna keep it more lower tone...I have american racing 1 7/8" headers with Y pipe into slp loudmouth II and its really Loud!

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Hey Wayne, they are not cheap but I went with Kooks headders & y with the Magnaflo quad tip cat back on my car & Im very happy w/it! not too loud at idle but gets lout at WOT!!!...........Oh yeah & the pillar pod for T-top cars will work on our cars too!!

white
    2001 pontiac trans am ws

Thank you Trans Dad for your input,much appreciated.As for the pillar pod, is the one for the t top trans am the same for the 2001 trans am convertible?

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Yes, I think it was autometer pillar but I used the t-top one & it fits w/no prob.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne bratton View Post
    Hi Folks,
    New member here,I have 2001 pontiac trans am ws 6 package and would like to up grade the stock exhaust sytems with headers.Any suggestions which way to go with this and also is there a pillar pod made for this car?thank you Wayne Bratton Stoney Creek Ont.canada
    Pacesetter long tubes, 3" Catted Y pipe with high flow cats (if you cant run an ORY for emission reasons) I actually perfer the sound of a catted one. For exhaust it depends on what your looking for.

Loudmouth- If you want something loud all the time, here you go. When you put long tubes on this it becomes loud and raspy. Some love it, some hate it.

GMMG- A little more tame than the LM, but still gets loud as hell with LT's. Sounds great if you run a catted Y imo.

Hooker- This is what I am running. It sounds stock at idle, but it gets really loud when you open it up. It has a high pitch roar to it. I love it but the only draw back is its a cheaply made system. Mine has a rattle coming from inside the muffler. Just something to think about.

Magnaflow- Probably the most popular on here. Its a pretty tame exhaust. Has a deep sound to it, reminds me of a mustang for some reason. Priced good, and its one of the best flowing systems out there.
    Last edited by Mike0202; 10-08-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Thread Information