Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

PO106 & PO101 and throttle stick

so I changed my camshaft positioning sensor(removed and reinstalled intake manifold) and it all went together fine but now it is throwing the PO106 and PO101 codes and when idling/driving in gear it revs it self up and stays at about 2k for a while then back down..im thinking it is a vacuum hose off or something in the back of the intake..frustrated..need advice..thanks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

101 is most likely a result of the 106 and it sounds like your intake didn't seat down correctly or you left a hose off in the back like you're thinking.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

i just checked all hoses and like i assumed they were all attached..:/ i slightly oiled all gaskets before putting back on so they would seat..probably what it is though..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you check that little line that goes to the T connector for the a/c vents? It sounds though like you have a major leak. Did you look over the intake to make sure it was seated down all the way?

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

i checked it all out and it was seated good.? the T connector just came apart when I took it off because there is NO slack in it whatsoever but it just slid back together when I reinstalled..hell w/ it i just took it to the shop, theyre gonna smoke the system and see where the leak is in the morning..damm gonna be more expensive than them just doing the sensor swap in the first place :/

red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

Let me know how it turns out. I have a similar issue
    LS1, SLP lid, SLP MAF, bilstein HP shocks, SLP longtube/tuned headers and loudmouth exhaust, built 4L60E w/ transgo shift kit, true ram air, ported TB, LS6 intake, LS6 PCV w/ catch can, FAST fuel rails, LCRB, sub-frame connectors, wide-band O2.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

the shop narrowed it down to a bad MAP sensor..seeming unusual that the sensor could just GO BAD after i worked on it i asked them to test the current of the wires before replacing to save the parts and labor if there is a bad/broken wire..they assured me the wires had been tested quote 350 w/ parts, diognostic manifold pressure test and labor..i agreed ..they called me today it was a single broke wire going to the MAP..so now i have a new MAP sensor for no reason and a 400 broke wire bill that i could have fixed in ten minutes...DAM

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    the shop narrowed it down to a bad MAP sensor..seeming unusual that the sensor could just GO BAD after i worked on it i asked them to test the current of the wires before replacing to save the parts and labor if there is a bad/broken wire..they assured me the wires had been tested quote 350 w/ parts, diognostic manifold pressure test and labor..i agreed ..they called me today it was a single broke wire going to the MAP..so now i have a new MAP sensor for no reason and a 400 broke wire bill that i could have fixed in ten minutes...DAM
    I tell you freaking shops. Is hard to find honest decent people. They charged my grandmother $60 dollars to reset the oil change reminder light. I went back there and gave them hell. I was a long time costumer with them for tires but no more. The told me that takes like an hour to reset I told them thats BS it takes like 2 mins to do. I wish she told me about before she went there.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

0106 has NEVER been a bad MAP sensor in my experience; the code simply indicates that the car is not in the proper MAP range at idle/cruise.

Thread Information