Please Help Tb Issues

This is a discussion on Please Help Tb Issues within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have recently bought a FAST MANIFOLD and TB. The TB was very sticky and I got a lot of ...

Pewter
    02 TRANS AM

Angry Please Help Tb Issues

I have recently bought a FAST MANIFOLD and TB. The TB was very sticky and I got a lot of info that Fast TB are known for that so I returned it and got a NICK WILLIAMS TB the tech service for RPM SPEED said they have never had a return on the Nick Williams. I recieved the TB and had the same issue if I accelerate slowly it sticks at the RPM's i rev it to. I need help on what to do I am about to return this TB and recieve another NICK WILLIAMS cause im lost. PLEASE if you have had this issues please help me. I have not drivin my baby in almost 2 months boohoo.

P.S 2002 WS6 TRANS AM 30,000 MILES pushing a little over 400hp to the wheels

pewter
    99 camaro ss

I was having the same problem with my BBK last week!!! I just adjusted the screw and opened up the TB alittle just before the idle started going up. I was ready to throw the dam thing away. But that took care of my problem.And mine only did it when the car was on!!If the car was off the TB did not stick.Hopefully that is your problem to.

Pewter
    02 TRANS AM

I found out the hard way that mine stuck when car was of when trying some stuff it got to 5000rpm so I turned the car off and hit the throttle 2 or 3 time to give it back pressure to close then turned the car on, went straight to red line max a little smoke came out and also a tear from me. my LS1 guy said do a BBK that thats the best but if you had the same issue? and my manifold only fits a 90mm also.

Red
    '02 WS6

90mm TB? Do you ported heads, big cam and headers to move all that air?

Thread Information