Performace of a True Dual Setup?

This is a discussion on Performace of a True Dual Setup? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I know the expected gains from like a loudmouth, or corsa....but what kind of gains should you get with a ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SLP SS #4473

Performace of a True Dual Setup?

I know the expected gains from like a loudmouth, or corsa....but what kind of gains should you get with a true duals?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1SSZ28 View Post
    I know the expected gains from like a loudmouth, or corsa....but what kind of gains should you get with a true duals?
    I have true duals going over the axle and out the back. I used the stock manifolds and stock catalytic converters, an "H" pipe and straight through, noise cancelling mufflers and I picked up 15 RWHP.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

here's a compare i did on the wife's car. went from borla 3" adjustable and bassani y-pipe to bassani tru-duals. no other changes.

NBM
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    here's a compare i did on the wife's car. went from borla 3" adjustable and bassani y-pipe to bassani tru-duals. no other changes.

Click for full size
    so this was on a H/C/I car? you gained 15rwhp. I'm H/C/I and put down 417rwhp 407rwt(A4). I'm trying to find ways to gain more N/A without going radical on the cam.I currently run a dynomouth set up.Do you think I'll gain 15rwhp going to a dual over my current set up?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

heads, yes. stock cam and stock LS1 intake. has VHP airlid and filter.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by john5632 View Post
    so this was on a H/C/I car? you gained 15rwhp. I'm H/C/I and put down 417rwhp 407rwt(A4). I'm trying to find ways to gain more N/A without going radical on the cam.I currently run a dynomouth set up.Do you think I'll gain 15rwhp going to a dual over my current set up?

Keep in mind that those gains were going "FROM borla 3" adjustable and bassani y-pipe TO bassani tru-duals. no other changes.", and he's running factory exhaust manifolds. Over stock exhaust, I'd say more like 20-25HP gains.

Bassani has been my best investment so far. Sound is great, and it made a lot bigger difference on performance than my headers, lid or stall (although the stall was a close second). Obviously, heads and other mods will add more power combined with the true duals, but the true duals like Bassani can be compared power wise to the addition of a moderately aggressive cam.
    Last edited by jag42420; 07-08-2007 at 12:37 PM.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    Keep in mind that those gains were going "FROM borla 3" adjustable and bassani y-pipe TO bassani tru-duals. no other changes.", and he's running factory exhaust manifolds. Over stock exhaust, I'd say more like 20-25HP gains.
    nah, my black car was on sotck manifolds. the wife's car had the borla. her car has the bassani optimum length headers. guess i should have said that. i was refering to only the parts that were swapped out.

here's her webpage on her car to see all ofthe results as they were installed.

http://www.stealthram.com/1999pontiacformula.html

NBM
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    nah, my black car was on sotck manifolds. the wife's car had the borla. her car has the bassani optimum length headers. guess i should have said that. i was refering to only the parts that were swapped out.

here's her webpage on her car to see all ofthe results as they were installed.

http://www.stealthram.com/1999pontiacformula.html
    so is it safe to say that i would gain 15rwhp from my set up if I when to duals?I'm H/C/I, LT hedders,ory,dynomouth.Would i have to do a retune or will i be okay on the tune i have now?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

you'll definately gain some mid range at least. as far as tuning goes, it'll just depend on how it affects it. i had to remove my tune and go back to stock when i installed the bassani. no matter what i did, i kept losing 3-4 rwhp.

Thread Information