Results 1 to 13 of 13

patriot ls6 stage 2 heads

This is a discussion on patriot ls6 stage 2 heads within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; How good r the patriot stage 2 ls6 heads? I no a guy that is selling a set for 700 ...

  1. #1
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    patriot ls6 stage 2 heads

    How good r the patriot stage 2 ls6 heads? I no a guy that is selling a set for 700 has 8000 miles on them is it a good deal? The heads have 2.02 intake valves an 1.57 exhaust I think, 59cc. I have an ms3 cam would these heads work good with it?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    129
    2000 Trans Am

    I ran them before but sold them after about 1500 miles. They wasn't anything wrong with them and Patriot really stood behind them and helped me out when they didnt even have to. There are better heads out there but for the price, I have no complaints. I made 415 rwhp with them and a 224/224 cam.

  3. #3
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    [QUOTE=2000;2474567]I ran them before but sold them after about 1500 miles. They wasn't anything wrong with them and Patriot really stood behind them and helped me out when they didnt even have to. There are better heads out there but for the price, I have no complaints. I made 415 rwhp with them and a 224/224 cam.[/QUOT

    Was that on an A4 car or M6? What other heads would u recommend don't want to spend 3k on them right now lol

  4. #4
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    im running the same heads you are asking about. i have had no issues with these heads, however im running a 224 cam. for $700 for lightly used heads, you won't beat it. toss on a FAST combo with these heads and the results will be worth it. the Ls6 intake with that size cam will be the choke point.

    in order to know if your MS3 will work, first, call Patriot and ask them. they will know better than us. second, you could do a clay test to make sure you have the proper piston to valve clearance.

    the numbers in my sig are where i'm currently sitting at with the patriot heads, 224 cam and supporting bolt-ons. my car is an M6.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

  5. #5
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im running the same heads you are asking about. i have had no issues with these heads, however im running a 224 cam. for $700 for lightly used heads, you won't beat it. toss on a FAST combo with these heads and the results will be worth it. the Ls6 intake with that size cam will be the choke point.

    in order to know if your MS3 will work, first, call Patriot and ask them. they will know better than us. second, you could do a clay test to make sure you have the proper piston to valve clearance.

    the numbers in my sig are where i'm currently sitting at with the patriot heads, 224 cam and supporting bolt-ons. my car is an M6.
    Ok thanks man for the info, I was going to call them after I got off work today an ask, I hope the valves will have clearances lol didn't really think about that lol guess I should have lol..... The guy that had these heads had the torquer 2 cam said it worked good

  6. #6
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Tv2 is a smaller cam than an Ms3...

    if the Ms3 doesn't clear (i believe it will), and you want to run this H/C combo, then you will have to fly-cut the pistons for proper clearance.

  7. #7
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Tv2 is a smaller cam than an Ms3...

    if the Ms3 doesn't clear (i believe it will), and you want to run this H/C combo, then you will have to fly-cut the pistons for proper clearance.
    I believe it will to, I no its a smaller cc chamber but the heads are not milled or anything so it should be stock height.. I think but ill call just to be sure. I'm going to ask about the ms4 to cuz I was thinking of doing another cam swap here soon to

  8. #8
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    I believe it will to, I no its a smaller cc chamber but the heads are not milled or anything so it should be stock height.. I think but ill call just to be sure. I'm going to ask about the ms4 to cuz I was thinking of doing another cam swap here soon to
    i think that if you put a ms4 in it with any type of after market heads you will have to fly cut the pistons

  9. #9
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im running the same heads you are asking about. i have had no issues with these heads, however im running a 224 cam. for $700 for lightly used heads, you won't beat it. toss on a FAST combo with these heads and the results will be worth it. the Ls6 intake with that size cam will be the choke point.

    in order to know if your MS3 will work, first, call Patriot and ask them. they will know better than us. second, you could do a clay test to make sure you have the proper piston to valve clearance.

    the numbers in my sig are where i'm currently sitting at with the patriot heads, 224 cam and supporting bolt-ons. my car is an M6.
    please tell more about this clay test

  10. #10
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    please tell more about this clay test
    this explains it very well...

    http://www.cdxglobal.com/content/sam...ckclear_WS.pdf

  11. #11
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    thanks man thats what i thought you ment by it but i have to keep this in mind when i start to internally mod my motor

  12. #12
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    I hope I don't have to but o well this is what u get for want to go fast! Lol

  13. #13
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    I hope I don't have to but o well this is what u get for want to go fast! Lol
    i know what you mean man


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Patriot Ls6 Stage 2 vs TSP 5.3 stage 2.5 Heads
    By jetaws6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 07:11 AM
  2. Patriot Stage III Heads only $500
    By EvilBreed#13 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 07:55 PM
  3. LQ9 Stage 2 Patriot Peformance heads
    By z28misfit in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
  4. Patriot stage II LQ9 6.0L heads assembled...
    By groundpoundinlt1 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 08:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •