Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Parents finally gave in

This is a discussion on Parents finally gave in within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by johnny_b how does a 16/17 year old get 20k + of his own money He isn't the ...

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_b View Post
    how does a 16/17 year old get 20k + of his own money
    He isn't the only one buddy. It takes alot of saving. I had 16K in the bank when I bought my T/A for 14K and spent about $1700 on the wheels and tires. Took a good 4-5 months to really build it back up.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_b View Post
    a lot of saving is an understatement

must've started working at 13 and never spent a dime
    Consider this, US Govt. Bonds earn interest over the amount of time they are left in savings or banking accounts untouched.

I NEVER touched my savings until I got my license and I had 3 $5,000 bonds earning interest the entire time. Make sense or are you still sore that a 17 year old bought his own friggin LS1?

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Consider this, US Govt. Bonds earn interest over the amount of time they are left in savings or banking accounts untouched.

I NEVER touched my savings until I got my license and I had 3 $5,000 bonds earning interest the entire time. Make sense or are you still sore that a 17 year old bought his own friggin LS1?
    tell him!! wicked burn!!!!!!

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

Well i inherited a ford explored and i sold that for 4500, so that payed for half of the trans am and i worked and started my own business that worked extremely well and i would work every day. so yes it took me a while but i payed for it. and the business was amazing, i would buy broken ipods from people, i got parts and would fix the ipod. i would buy the ipod for 40-50 for a video and 20 for everything else. i would fix it and that would cost me another 20 and then id sell the videos for 200 and all the other for 100 i made a good 1700 bucks. but then the new ipods came out and my business went down the shitter.

i also would work every weekend at a club. the club hosts quincenerea parties ( sweet 15 birthday party's for Mexican girls ) and id sell glow sticks to the kids. sounds like a shitty job but i made 150-300 a night the most i made was 417. and i mean SHIT Mexican kids love glow sticks.

And seriously. people think that most young people arent to be taking seriously. im 17 and make a shit load of money so im happy. you dont enjoy something so much until you pay for it yourself
    Last edited by 2fast2blegal; 09-17-2007 at 08:10 PM.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

I mean us young people are you older peoples futures

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    tell me what tactic you used because they aren't budging on the exhaust for me.
    I love my parents lol. I'm 17 and they wouldnt mind if I drove an F16 I have an 03 Mustang GT with Flowmasters on it which is kinda loud, and they know I have a T/A WS6 with cutouts coming my way once I sell the Mustang and they're like "tell me when the install is done, I wanna hear it!" although my neighbors will probably hate me. More

And to respond to the original question I think you should hook up with some LS1 guys in your area and hear what they're running. The sounds vary SOOO much on the computer. They all sound the same online IMO

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    you dont enjoy something so much until you pay for it yourself
    I HEARD THAT. I live in a town called Boca Raton where half the people dont understand this. East Boca is average in most areas (where I live) and really ghetto in some spots. Then you have West Boca which is really really rich. You can tell who lives where... the east boca kids drive muscle cars and the west boca kids drive VW's, Mercedes AMG's, M3's, etc lol. My friend with a Caddy Eldorodo (bone stock) just beat this west boca kid with a Jetta GLi who thought he was badass because he had a LOUD ass BOV on a tiny tiny stock turbo which put him at high 15's just thought I'd share that haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information