Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pacesetters LT's

This is a discussion on pacesetters LT's within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; you would be better off tuning out the rears. o2 sims are crap..... and you got the egr provision headers ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

you would be better off tuning out the rears. o2 sims are crap.....

and you got the egr provision headers right?

i woulda just ripped all that shit out to and got the race headers, less expensive, less hassle.

good luck

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    ive installed hookers and a pacesetter y pipe, the hooker headers were a nightmare, took all night until noon the next day, had to unbolt secondary air, steering shaft, reciever drier, and a few other things cant really remember!
    I am ASE Master Tech also, my Hookers went in with relatively no problem. What, specifically gave you problems? My job start to finish was approx 6 hours.

Driving like i stole it!! dafizzman1's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

its all connected but still missing. a bit frustrating!!!

when i go for a tune. do i request anything in particular or they will know what im talking about. (ifirst time doing it)
    If you have the means and the desire, be prepared to do whatever it takes.

so far:
    suncoast creations functional ram air setup,pacesetter LT's/ORY,magnaflow,pro 5.0,hurst stick,LS6 cam,4:10 gears/stock rear(screaming for mercy!!!)
    -still more to come!!!!!!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

no, very unlikely! and yes that is exactly how those work, except that the company who made them just got caught by the epa, there name is casper electronics. you should still be able to find some like on ebay or something, or if worst comes to worst you can install a resistor somewhere in the wiring to take care of the check engine lights.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I am ASE Master Tech also, my Hookers went in with relatively no problem. What, specifically gave you problems? My job start to finish was approx 6 hours.
    well the lack of light and proper jack stands would be the things that stick out in my head, we couldnt seem to get the car high enough to slide the headers in correctly also. i think all in all, start to finish was probably like 12 hours, but we also fell asleep on the driveway for a bit and we ate dinner, lol we did this in the middle of the night,
    Last edited by camarojunky74; 08-02-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: forgot to include additional information

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

no, very unlikely! and yes that is exactly how those work, except that the company who made them just got caught by the epa, there name is casper electronics. you should still be able to find some like on ebay or something, or if worst comes to worst you can install a resistor somewhere in the wiring to take care of the check engine lights.
    so i have to tell the guy to tune out the o2's?.?. can you just delete all 4?? anything else i have to tell him?
    Last edited by dafizzman1; 08-02-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by dafizzman1 View Post
    so i have to tell the guy to tune out the o2's?.?. can you just delete all 4?? anything else i have to tell him?
    You do not want the primary O2 sensors deleted. Your tuner will tell you that also, they are needed to give feedback to your PCM for proper A/F ratio.
    Only tune out the rear 02s because you will no longer have catalytic convertors. That is the only reason for the rear 02 sensors.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

well the lack of light and proper jack stands would be the things that stick out in my head, we couldnt seem to get the car high enough to slide the headers in correctly also. i think all in all, start to finish was probably like 12 hours, but we also fell asleep on the driveway for a bit and we ate dinner, lol we did this in the middle of the night,
    Ah...........I had the luxury of being able to do it where I work, on a day off.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Check for cracked plug and broken temp sensor had both of those at the same time and it ran like crap and both are easily done during this install. Is it just missing or backfiring under WOT or heavy load? Mine was #6 and it was gracked but couldn't see it until I removed it.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah slims right you may have knocked a coil pack around while installing the headers!

didnt even think of that!
    good work slim

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

missing when you rev in neutral under 2k. other wise just breaking up bad after 3500 at WOT...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

we really cant go any further until you get a scanner on the vehicle, after that i think it will be very simple to resolve this issue

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

hhhhaaalllleeeuuuujjjjaaahhhhh!!!! alll betta!!

plug #5 was cracked=====misfire
    d/s o2 sensor wire was cut????=========breaking up

me so happy!!!

sigh, but another issue. if you follow the throttle cable recoil spring(i thing thats what it is called) to the firewall, midway there is a connector about 4-5 inches in length. on both sides there are conical clips. one is missing. when you press the pedal down, there is 1-2 inches of "dead space". gonna see if i can get the clip. or do i have to replace the whole t. cable for that??

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

hey guys im about to get the pacesetter L/T but i dont know which ones i have a 2001 m6 trans am. and i was also wondering if i would have to get new cats, replace or cut my slp y pipe to make it work. i also am running the loudmouth 2. and advice would help thanks

2000 SS

I had a shop install my pacesetters. They said they are one of the easiest to install on LS1's

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    hey guys im about to get the pacesetter L/T but i dont know which ones i have a 2001 m6 trans am. and i was also wondering if i would have to get new cats, replace or cut my slp y pipe to make it work. i also am running the loudmouth 2. and advice would help thanks
    put the headers on yourself and than take it to a muffler shop cause i can almost gurantee they wont match up easy, without welding probably

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by dafizzman1 View Post
    hhhhaaalllleeeuuuujjjjaaahhhhh!!!! alll betta!!

plug #5 was cracked=====misfire
    d/s o2 sensor wire was cut????=========breaking up

me so happy!!!

sigh, but another issue. if you follow the throttle cable recoil spring(i thing thats what it is called) to the firewall, midway there is a connector about 4-5 inches in length. on both sides there are conical clips. one is missing. when you press the pedal down, there is 1-2 inches of "dead space". gonna see if i can get the clip. or do i have to replace the whole t. cable for that??
    Glad you got that fixed. I was reading all your posts because I knew when you said it was sputtering that you had a cracked spark plug. Same exact thing happened to me because I did spark plugs at the same time and one of my buddies dropped one but installed it still. Had the same sputtering and backfires, and was running rich. Glad to hear you figured it out. I was gonna suggest checking them all but you got to it first.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 1LE4ME View Post
    Glad you got that fixed. I was reading all your posts because I knew when you said it was sputtering that you had a cracked spark plug. Same exact thing happened to me because I did spark plugs at the same time and one of my buddies dropped one but installed it still. Had the same sputtering and backfires, and was running rich. Glad to hear you figured it out. I was gonna suggest checking them all but you got to it first.
    thanks man....
    all was good for almost a week but now i notice when i cruise at 2k rpms (any gear 2-6) it feels like its sputterin again. NOW I KNOW ALL MY PLUGS AND WIRES ARE GOOD..........lol.....nothing is touching the exhaust.......shitty gas????? well see after this tank.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information