Thread: Pacesetters LT

red
    02 35th SS

Pacesetters LT

I am about to get Pacesetter Lt, Im a new to this do i need to get them with egr or without.And do i need to run cats or no cats. Thanks Dustin

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You do not need EGR. Yours has no EGR. Cats, however, is up to you. Do you have emissions testing there in NC? If so, you do need cats. Is your emissions testing only a code check, a visual, or all that plus a dyno run? If you don't need cats, then get the ORY.

red
    02 35th SS

it a visual and a code check i can get around the visual part but don't know how to get around the code is there something i can get so it want put up a code?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

This subject has been beatin too death, Just run a search and you can find all the info your looking for.
    I went with the ory which eliminates your cats, inorder too keep the check engine light out you either need too get your car tunned and the code deleted or pick up some 02 simulators which plugs into the harness in place of the rear 02 sensors. Either way it will work. Personaly i went with the sims until i do some more mods and i need a tune.
    Like said above yoru car doesnt have egr, Im pretty sure 00 was the last year for egr on the ls1.
    Any questions about instail just drop me a im, ill hook u up.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    This subject has been beatin too death, Just run a search and you can find all the info your looking for.
    I went with the ory which eliminates your cats, inorder too keep the check engine light out you either need too get your car tunned and the code deleted or pick up some 02 simulators which plugs into the harness in place of the rear 02 sensors. Either way it will work. Personaly i went with the sims until i do some more mods and i need a tune.
    Like said above yoru car doesnt have egr, Im pretty sure 00 was the last year for egr on the ls1.
    Any questions about instail just drop me a im, ill hook u up.
    J
    SunsetorangeSS, do you have any sound clips of your car? I have the magnaflow CB and want to get pacesetters... not sure if i can pass emissions with an ORY, so i might have to go catted. LS1sounds.com doesn't have this combo....
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Thread Information